Dell SP2208WFP Mumbai Only (1 piece )

Shripad

ex-Mod
Hi guys.
I was going to buy Dell SP2208WFP from dell before i decided to go for the LCD TV.
But anyways, as many of you must have known, dell has increased the cost of the monitors. But before that happened with lots of negotiations with dell I was able to get quote of Rs.21k all inclusive for this monitor for Mumbai deliver ( Inclusive of Vat and Octroi).
If any of you are interested let me know. I can get you this monitor on my quote.
A DD directly in the name of Dell is needed or a CC payment directly to dell.
Just posting this here so someone who wants this monitor but due to increased price not able to buy it can have a chance to get it at old price.

PM me or post here.

For mumbai they are now quoting ridiculous amount.

Here is what they quoted to my friend who got impatient and bought it at this price. :|

Dell.jpg

Digmini got it for 17.5K, not even a month a go & honestly if there are enough orders 1 should still be able 2 get atlest 18K per peice, if not what he got, but the quotetion nos will be required.

But he got it in New B'bay & Octroi is arround 1.5K. Although, I'd prefer spending Rs. 300 on petrol & abt 3hrs of B'bay trafic 2 take a drive 2 new b'bay if I can fleece the BMC of 1.5K :rofl:

In other words, I m up for 1 SP2208 but not for more than 18K :mad:

At 21K...I'd rather get the 2007 !!!

Funky...U had the 2007 & the 228...ve U seen Ur friends 2008 ???

How much better is it than the 228 & how does it compare to 2007 ???

Let us know...pls.

TIA !!!

Digmini got it for 17.5K,
hard to believe.. dnt kno how true is tht.. never got ne replies on tht one..
n ya.. no ways ur gettin tht one for 18k noww..
btw on this deal i may be interested... wen are u placing the order??

5 years warranty.

And yes I know he got it for little over 17k.

For mumbai delivery 21k is lowest you will be able to get from them at the moment.

Farookh got it for this price a while ago, after than they added 2 additional duties on all products this month. Prices of all Dell products have now gone up.

@has, well I was kinda disappointed in 2007, from day 1 I have had nothing but one or other issue with this panel. First one had bad flicker and banding issue. 2nd one had no banding issue but flicker was there. 3rd one was again better.

But I never got used to factory calibration of 2007wfp. I always felt it was little cold with bluish purplish tinge. I got really frustrated and sold it.

E228WFP also had bad factory calibration but I was able to make it look good with little tweaking.

2208wfp on other hand seems to have better colours out of the box. It just arrived on 24th at friends place. Looks good. Too glossy for my liking though. I never though it will be soo shiny. Dont even think of buying it if you have any lights behind you.

Glossy screens may offer better/sharper images but the refelctions can get irritatingly irritating. :(
And not all the time can one evade those.:no:

I still prefer the matte finish screens but i fear my choices are getting really limited now. :(

just checked the dell website and it seems they have updated it just today with new prices. and the new prices just ROCK! :D

a new SP2208WFP is listed as 15,386 without taxes and all. so that would come up to around 17.5k i guess for mumbai.

viralbug said:
just checked the dell website and it seems they have updated it just today with new prices. and the new prices just ROCK! :D
a new SP2208WFP is listed as 15,386 without taxes and all. so that would come up to around 17.5k i guess for mumbai.

nope, thats my base price in my quotation as well. Its not just Vat + Octroi that they are adding. there is 16% CVD +edu cess + 4% SCD+Vat+OCtroi. Comes to 21K with 5 yrs warranty. Same as what I got. So now anyone can get it for 21k.
I was wondering how all of sudden they agreed for this price :p Seems they were planning to drop the prices anyway.

Funky...all the lights are bhind the monitor...no lights in the frnt at all, only a huge window with the DARK blinds shut when ever I m using the monitor. So colours are better than 228WFP but does it come close to 2007 ??? And how bad is the gosting & what TN panel they used ???

You can check that from the on screen menu itself...Here's the process for it:

Get into the service menu and check the time. Hold down + and menu, then press power. Once it's on, hit - to see the menu.

Digmini/Farookh, could U guys also try the abv pls.

Digmini...waiting for U 2 ve a talk wit the sales exe. And don't 4get mention the 20% reduction in costs.

Back