Laptops Dell sandybridge XPS is here!

Guys I am interested in buying one for my mother..However are there any coupons or discount codes which I can apply for this..THe basic laptop is coming out to be 47900+900 shipping..Anyone on TE who can get me some discount on dell laptops??

Why a gaming laptop for your mother? (Unless you plan on gaming on it :))
Its better to wait for Inspiron R SB refresh to hit India and go for that.

i dont think they r expensive at the moment though the prices will drop in coming times , but still a few days ago the first gen core i3 laptop dell xps 15 was like 48-50k now which has dropped to 44-45 to make way for the 2nd gen which has been released at the same price tag of around 48-50k ,

so i wont say its over priced :)

not so impressed about the pricing...even for a launch price its on the higher side.

only selling i7-2630 , other processor options should have been there. the high end 70k system is selling for $900-1000 at ebay usa sites with screen upgrade included.

price difference of 20-25k from US price is a total rip off from indian consumers

The GPU options are better this time(best option=nvidia GT540M) when compared to last gen(best option= nvidia GT425M).

I'm also planning to get the XPS15. I've heard that dell offers some discount for their employees! Any dell employee active in our forum can help to get such discount?

Last time I checked, the discount for IT professionals was 3%, students 5% and dell employees 8%.

Dell employees have a quota of 3 laptops per quarter or year, not sure...

always-shri said:
Last time I checked, the discount for IT professionals was 3%, students 5% and dell employees 8%.

Dell employees have a quota of 3 laptops per quarter or year, not sure...
good.. my aunt works there.. maybe i can get the 8% mmmm

Back