Dell or Lenovo

sunveer

Disciple
My budget is under Rs.50,000/- want 3rd gen i5 processor.

I want to know which is better among New Dell Inspiron 15R and Lenovo Z580.

Which has better build quality, less heat generation and long battery backup?

Better buy ASUS K53SM-SX010D......gooogle the specs...build quality is awesome...its scratch resistant and has a unique asus ice cooling technology...which prevents the laptop from getting heated...

Fill your requirement by this way.

•What's your Budget? (e.g. >30K, not more than 50K etc.)
•What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming)
•What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between)
•Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell)
•Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.)

This sticky is meant to be a pointer for how to post a " What laptop to buy ?"

I'm Currently using new Dell inspiron 15R

Can you please provide some pics and experience with the new model as there are no reviews on any website for this latest edition.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Can you please provide some pics and experience with the new model as there are no reviews on any website for this latest edition.

Also, tell me how did you buy it?

Their is a reviews in this few sites.
I'm giving you the link:-
Dell India unveils new Inspiron range, including mainstream ultrabook - Laptops | Laptop | Notebooks Reviews | ThinkDigit News
Dell Inspiron 15R - An everyday use contender [Review] - Laptops | Laptop | Notebooks Reviews | ThinkDigit Reviews
Dell launches updated Inspiron 14R and 15R laptops, with interchangeable ethnic lids - Laptops | Laptop | Notebooks Reviews | ThinkDigit News

This laptop is good for gaming, Photoshop, and other stuff to run it very easily.
I'm currently playing max payne 3 in this laptop with most of graphic in medium level.
and I'm using photoshop CS5 in it for editing and in few days I'm going to use maya on it.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers.

This laptop is good for gaming, Photoshop, and other stuff to run it very easily.
I'm currently playing max payne 3 in this laptop with most of graphic in medium level.
and I'm using photoshop CS5 in it for editing and in few days I'm going to use maya on it.

Hope this will help you.

Cheers.

Have you special edition or simple one? How did you buy it & is there any heating issue?

Have you special edition or simple one? How did you buy it & is there any heating issue?

I have buy it from vijaysales in the month of feb this year.
Yep you can say this one a normal one with core i5 2nd gen. and nvidia graphic card GT525M and i don't have any heating issue in this laptop.
I'm using a coolpad for my laptop.

15R Special Edition was not available in Feb:p
Dell have launched this model recently.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Some one have got his 15R SE delivered at thinkdigit forum. He have posted temp after gaming, pics and benchmark results.
You could find his review here: The New! Inspiron 15R/14R Special Edition Laptop Thread - Page 8 - Digit Technology Discussion Forum

There is a nvidia graphics card in Dell Inspiron 14R and AMD in 15R. Can I have nvidia graphics card in 15R because I want 15" screen and nvidia graphics card.

No! You Can't.
Performance wise AMD Radeon HD 7730M and NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M are nearly equal. So if you want a 15' Screen then go for 15r without any hesitation and if you want more portability then go for 14r.

Intel 3210M processor has dual core which means that in total there will be 2.5 + 2.5 = 5 GHz of clock speed of the system.

That NOT how dual cores work .. its more like executing 2 application at 2.5GHZ each . to put it simplistically.

Back