Laptops DELL India Warranty Extension

titana

Adept
Recently i tried extending my Dell laptops warranty. The web site says that warranty for any XPS laptop can be extended to a maximum of 5 years. so i though of extending it for another two years and placed an order online. Now next day a dell representative called telling me that the warranty can be extended to a max of three years and since my laptop is going to complete two years from date of purchase i am only allowed to extend it for one more year. Unlike Dell USA site, one cannot buy warranty extension online instantly and here their reps call to go through the order. Has there been a policy change in Dell india? I am asking this question coz it is only towards later period of any system you are expected to encounter hardware problems ( talking in general ), and i went for dell only for the reason of warranty extension. And if it is a policy shift why does it not reflect on their website...?

Crib, push, ask for seniors, tell them they are cheating you and send a few mails, rattle a few graves, and you'l get what you want with Dell India.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/learnmore_services_xps?c=us&l=en&cs=19

4 years max, well policies are policies if you rant about it, they will indeed help you extend warranty but with price almost of a new laptop, would you like that ??? ;)

anyways try talking to them once, this is why i always suggest people to extend warranties directly to max possible tenure while purchasing laptops as it is cheaper that way and changing policies and procedures dont affect much

Back