(Delhi) MTNL FUP based 2mbps Unlimited broadband at limited price

ninjarao

Adm1n Privilege
Disciple
Aug 7, 2009
Psychedelic
Guys i have 749 Night Unlimited plan and keen to switch to freedom 800 plan any suggestion ? since i can't revert back ! should i wait n watch or just jump to this offer since it looks damn good deal ! i just get 1.2 GB for the day time for the whole month which is almost useless !.

tufel

Adept
Feb 25, 2009
Is BSNL sleeping? I sympathise with those people who are still stuck on the obsolete 512kbps @750 plan.

ninjarao

Adm1n Privilege
Disciple
Aug 7, 2009
Psychedelic
cool4shalabh said:
anyone using freedom 800 plan

did the speed increase at night

Well i applied for it it supposed to be activated by 1 Sep , it is already a day passed no change of plan , i asked CC she told me since there were holidays it is in the process , so hopefully when it get activated i will let u know about it .. !

sunnysibal

Disciple
Jun 23, 2009
New Delhi
ninjarao said:
Well i applied for it it supposed to be activated by 1 Sep , it is already a day passed no change of plan , i asked CC she told me since there were holidays it is in the process , so hopefully when it get activated i will let u know about it .. !

It has not been activated for me as well.. Lets wait for sometime...

cool4shalabh

Disciple
Jun 29, 2010
same here,did you all check your plans using MTNL - Customer Web Self Car

its showing some server error,as soon as plan is updated there,the speed will increase at night

do check and reply

m.khurana

Adept
Oct 14, 2009
New Delhi
cool4shalabh said:
same here,did you all check your plans using MTNL - Customer Web Self Car

its showing some server error,as soon as plan is updated there,the speed will increase at night

do check and reply

Just checked,the plan is updated on Customer Web Self Care.

Earlier I wasn't able to login to Customer Web Self Care.

Brendon

Skilled
Mar 21, 2005
boogeyman said:
Is FUP a Delhi/North region specific phenomenon in our country?

MTNL Delhi has it/MTNL Mumbai doesn't
Airtel who's senior management is based in Delhi is a staunch follower of FUP with not even one plan without FUP
Tata Indicom which is Mumbai/Pune based has a good number of non-FUP plans
Reliance which is Mumbai based also had truly unlimited plans until a few months ago and even now, few truly non-FUP based plans.

Interesting, don't you think?

There is a good chance that even Reliance will embrace the FUP bandwagon.

A very senior person wants to remove all unlimited plans from our system as he will be happy if heavy downloaders leave the network. They want people who take 50 GB plans and use it to check on email. :(

Aces170

ex-Mod
Mar 16, 2005
^^ Why wouldnt they or for that matter anyone. 80% of the bandwith is utilized by people who contribute less then 10% of revenues. It makes perfect business sense for them. The only way they will notice a bandwith usage increase at a larger level, and I suppose this would happen only if people start utilizing the HD streaming options online more. The average mom and dad crowd does not download movies..

hackboy89

Adept
Oct 25, 2009
it seems as if all the isps are going down in the exact opposite direction instead of where they should ideally be headed..
i wouldn't have had any problem with the 'FUP' plans had they been actually 'fair' :mad: