Deleting Win ME

thedesolater

Disciple
Hey
I am operating a Win XP Sp2 currently.
Initially I had WIN ME installed and when Xp came along , I installed X as a second OS. The Win ME is still sleeping in my other drive. It is hghly error ridden and when i try to boot it , it goes upto a certain step and then restarts.
I want to remove ME , but when I try to uninstall it through XP , windows says that cannot be done. So what do I do ?? Do i just format the C drive ( thats the drive in which ME is installed , XP is installed in D drive)?? Wont any boot information be lost ?? Please respond and tell me a way to remove it as its eating up lot of space in that drive.
Thanks in advance.

remove the winme entry from the boot.ini and delete the winme's windows folder and other related stuff in the program files. you are good to go.

To reclaim the space, best bet would be to back up, then format the drive, and re-install, giving you the complete drive, and a fresh foundation.

just remove the boot entreis from winxp, den remove the windows and the program files folder of win me, dats it. no need to format hdd for this

Back