Dead Space 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: DeadSpace 2 Discussion Thread

I find it fine to the game taste that Isaac cannot jump. Keeps it baselined and more of a survivor.

I found the story in this game to be an utter disappointment. I'm sure even Issac was so depressed at the end for the same reason.

I just started playing this yesterday. Haven't gone through the whole thread to see what everyone's reactions are. So far (3 chapters) it's ok. Let's see how the story unfolds.

30 FPS cap while vsync on is stupid. :| Though when is vsync turned off, I get 85-130 FPS and no problems of screen tearing.

Seems an update is out.

The Elite Engineering Suit will now appear properly after

completing a full-playthrough of the Single Player Campaign

Save games will now be recorded, and deducted, properly when

playing the Single Player Campaign in Hardcore mode

Support for mouse button binding to movement keys & allowing up

to 8 mouse buttons + mouse button de-bounce fixes

Unlocks suit and weapon packs which will now be available at the

in-game store at zero cost for players

Well. That was unexpected. Free suits and weapons. Console owners had to pay ~10$ for all those suits.

viralbug said:
30 FPS cap while vsync on is stupid. :| Though when is vsync turned off, I get 85-130 FPS and no problems of screen tearing.
Download D3DOverrider V2.0.1, disable the in-game v-sync, force it using D3DOverrider V2.0.1 and lock the frames to 60 fps. Should have no problems now. :)

^ Yeah I know about D3DOverrider. Didn't bother installing it. :p I'm not facing any problems with vsync turned off anyways.

Did any one notice this in the END :

The position of her Eye Patch Changed ?

From Right

10182300.jpg

To Left ?

90264350.jpg

! 0 t A said:
Did any one notice this in the END :

The position of her Eye Patch Changed ?

From Right

10182300.jpg

To Left ?

90264350.jpg
the projector is mirrored from the back, its ok from the front.

^^ Damn I got excited for no reason :(

Then maybe it was just "mocking" the Dead Space 1 ending. . Kind of an anti-climax if you will :)

Finally completed Dead Space 2 yesterday. I was disappointed with this one really. The gameplay again being decent, but still not very gripping. Story line was lame.

I could not start the game at start of year on PC deleted the game , but have 360 version with me , in regards to animated movies which one should i be watching first ?

Dead Space: Downfall is a prequel to the first game. Dead Space: Aftermath fills in the gap between the first game and the second one.

The game is available at 75% discount on steam , started playing yesterday with my headphones on and the sound design is so good that i had to lower the volume to 40 otherwise I would get a heart attack

I am planning on playing Dead Space 2 but i guess as you said it's not as good as the 1st one,that's a downer,first game was quite good and scary.
Finally completed Dead Space 2 yesterday. I was disappointed with this one really. The gameplay again being decent, but still not very gripping. Story line was lame.

#thegatekeeper it is on an individual opinon and I would say definitely if you liked the first title you just might like this one, characters are better fleshed out, graphics have been touched up, sound is as usual beyond anything you heard.

I'll give it an easy --> 8 / 10, just my views.

If you are unsure about investing in it, get the *AHEM* version and then if you like the initial hour of game-play purchase the original. Cheers!!

Playing this game now on PC. The graphics and the sound are outstanding. Will complete it definitely as i loved Dead Space 1, will post some screenshots in the screenshot section too
<

I haven't played any of the 2 games. Is it worth trying? I have no game pending right now was thinking of Arkham City but that went meh..Should i try this one?

Back