Storage Solutions Data recovery from Hard drive

So my laptop hard drive has crashed. It must have taken a hit while traveling given that the bag was heavy, yet I had cushioned it with clothes to ensure no such severe impact takes place.
I switched on my laptop and I heard the noise which seemed like the header was struggling or the usual noise which comes from a mechanical drive like click-click.
Attached the laptop drive to multiple systems in the hope that it might get detected, but no use. I don't have linux system so don't know. I cannot try this method for now.

Assuming that my drive i gone, are there any chances of data recovery? It was a 1TB drive from HGST, which I believe is sold to Seagate. Any reliable shop in Lamington road known to perform data recovery operations?

Look for third party data recovery service.
Yup, looking for the same. Any suggestions for Mumbai location?

Not that it matters much but HGST is now owned by WD.

I don't think there is much possibility of recovery in India. There are a couple of other such threads here.
Thanks for the correction.
Why so isn't there much possibility of recovery here? Any specific reasons other than the cost?

As far as I know, there are no clean labs in India. It's prohibitively expensive to set one up and hardly any demand for how expensive the service is.

Is it possible to repair the hard drive so that we can make a backup before it goes bad?

incidentally i was looking into some videos yesterday in a list bid to revive two of my now seemingly-kaput high capacity 3.5" drives with no history of physical damages, before chucking them for recycling, and found a method to rectify the beeping/clicking noise. you might as well give it a try & see if its just a mechanical glitch that can be rectified, if ultimately the drive seems already dead to you. the issue am talking of is, the reading spindle getting stuck on the disc-platters instead of on its parking ram. i myself found this issue to be present on one of my aforementioned HDDs which was making a beeping sound. albeit, recitfying that still didn't help in my case, but may be it'd help you, as the videos did show that. have a look:

Thanks, but I am not a DIY person and there's a good possibility of doing unintentional damage than good. While I have given it to a thrid party vendor who has assured me that the data has been recovered(important ones), they are not inclined to to give me a particular folder which has videos because of their view that the hard drive might be damaged making it difficult to recover whatever data which can be recovered.

Now that the important data has been recovered, I was wondering I could try to get that folder which has all the personal memories in video format before I finally bid adieu to it. Hence looking for any recovery shops in Mumbai.

Thanks, but I am not a DIY person and there's a good possibility of doing unintentional damage than good. While I have given it to a thrid party vendor who has assured me that the data has been recovered(important ones), they are not inclined to to give me a particular folder which has videos because of their view that the hard drive might be damaged making it difficult to recover whatever data which can be recovered.

Now that the important data has been recovered, I was wondering I could try to get that folder which has all the personal memories in video format before I finally bid adieu to it. Hence looking for any recovery shops in Mumbai.

can you pls share the details of the service centre here or on DM?

So how much did they charged you and what was the procedure ?

So how much did they charged you and what was the procedure ?
Charges were 7k. They will help you with only recovering docs or small files like jpeg etc. They won't help you with recovering videos.
Procedure was normal, they will first analyse if the data is recoverable and then share a quote depending on the data. From around 600-700 gb, I got only ~100 gb, so not cheap but yeah, got the important docs I needed.

Learnt my lesson, got a Onedrive account for only storing important docs. For videos and stuff, take multiple backups.

Back