Darksiders II - Discussion Thread

“War is honourable, but Death is willing to work with some shady characters in the underworld to find out what he needs to know. Whereas War was a straight warrior type who would rush in and fight head-on, Death is more agile, nimble… he’s fast. He kills people like it’s an art. Death doesn’t even block – he just dodges.â€

The HUD has been removed from the build we see to avoid spoiling items and the like, but we still see Death engage in a bunch of different combat situations. We see him use that hook again, which we’re told is officially called the ‘Ghost Hook’ – to pull an enemy’s weak spot out, and to close the gap between Death and his enemies. Even when battling a hulking beast, Death seems more combo-heavy than War ever was.

“I don’t want to go into too much detail, but let me say it this way – if you and I were playing the first Darksiders and we were both about four hours in at the same point our characters would be largely the same. Maybe a little difference, but we’re pretty much the same dude. Four hours in on this game I can guarantee we’d be totally different.â€

“Did you see there was gold dropping and stuff? You can now collect items and gold that drop out of defeated enemies and use them. We can say that looks like Diablo or whatever, but that’s another idea we’re adding into the mix.

“If you get stuck but not frustrated it is about right. Like I just finished Portal 2 and there were times where I was just like ‘Screw this game’ – I’d put it away, then come back the next day and say ‘Oh…’ and get it right away. Puzzle-wise, I think that’s the best you can do, so we’re shooting for that.â€

Allwyn, seems like Vigil heard ya! :p

Some players also took issue with some of the level design. “A lot of people complained about how if you had to backtrack in dungeons in the first game you had to walk forever to get where you needed to be,†he adds, admitting another shortcoming.

“We’ve solved that by having more dungeons but making them smaller. If you took all the dungeons and put them together the surface area would be far greater than the first Darksiders, but what we have done is made more dungeons but make all of them smaller. You also get Despair, Death’s horse, a lot earlier, so it’s a lot easier to explore the overworld and get to places faster.â€

Guess that should make you happier! :D

Embracing Death: Vigil’s Fitzloff on Darksiders II | VG247

They must make it multiplayer co-op, like dead island..So that all 4 horsemen, could play simultaneously in a single map...it would be more fun that way..............

^All the four horsemen at the same location doesn't make much sense either! When War was battling the forces on Earth, Death is at the underworld at the same time doing exactly what War was tasked to do.

Besides, we wouldn't be getting Darksiders 3 and 4 if that was the case. :p

Gannu said:
Allwyn, seems like Vigil heard ya! :p Guess that should make you happier! :D

This could also mean reduced gameplay time, but I'm OK with it, as long as the backtracking isn't painstakingly long. Making dungeons smaller is a good idea. They also said we'll get to ride Despair, but to what extent? We already rode Ruin in Darksiders and it was only for a short part of the game. So it makes no sense to provide us a horse which would only last for a short segment of the game. Dam it! We are one of the horsemen and we wants our steed. :p

abhifusion said:
First Darksiders was awesome, it took 1.5 hrs for me to kill the worm :p ... Waiting for II eagerly !

Yeah, me too. DS-I was awesome. Liked the Boss fights. And the game was long enough without getting boring (new updates every level).

But I didn't liked the look of the character in DS2. Anyway, I'm eager to play it. :)

I cant wait for this seems solid
<
the first Darksider was really good but it became kinda repettitive i believe this one has coop ?

Back