Darksiders II - Discussion Thread

hahaha thats why I play game on easy mode :bleh: ... BTW there is red colored canon/gun (don't remember exact name) which makes very easy to complete the Earth...

hahaha thats why I play game on easy mode :bleh: ... BTW there is red colored canon/gun (don't remember exact name) which makes very easy to complete the Earth...

Grenade launcher (name starts with hammer) is the best to disperse the hordes and kill them with a blast.

hahaha thats why I play game on easy mode :bleh: There is red colored canon/gun (don't remember exact name) which makes very easy to complete the Earth.

Yep I started using the Salvation (which is the mini-gun thing) and pretty much finished everything using that, then got a pair of Possessed Scythes which had the Health Steal capability so sliced and diced everything with that.

Darksiders II is nothing compared to the Witcher 2 on HARD, DARK mode; the problem I have with this one is that your death feels cheap, someone attacking me from behind through the wall!

Iam about to encounter the Wailing host ,final boss of City of the Dead.

By Far the most annoying of all the levels,TOO MANY BOSS BATTLES just when you think your done BAM another Boss or mini BOss needs to be defeated in order to progress.

On the other hand the level design was good solving the environmental puzzles was good fun,but the boss battles made the whole thing TEDIOUS.

Yeah. Standard rules of an RPG applies - if you are getting owned by some boss, face him later after you've leveled up. It may be a lot more easier later.

After 34 hours of game playtime, finished the main quest on LvL 21. Need to head out to finish the secondary quests.

Final build (I am more of a melee player), everything geared towards replenishing health and wrath with every strike on the enemy --
2012-09-03_00012.jpg

2012-09-03_00013.jpg

P.S. -- What was the last boss-fight?

What ? It was Absalom.

I know it was Absalom, alright but on the difficulty curve it was closer to "Meh!".

Was over in one shot, almost every previous bugger had taken ~3 -->4 attempts before I subdued them (proper bosses, not minor bosses).

I know it was Absalom, alright but on the difficulty curve it was closer to "Meh!".

Was over in one shot, almost every previous bugger had taken ~3 -->4 attempts before I subdued them (proper bosses, not minor bosses).

Yeah, it was easy. The game feels rushed at the end.

Yeah, it was easy. The game feels rushed at the end.

Naah! I did not feel so, just that the end battle was underwhelming.

Rest I liked, the story is strong with this one, not the best but I have experienced worse. And more importantly the game will move forward (hopefully) into a new chapter where we might experience all the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Cannot wait for the "End War".

Angel's Citadel was nicely done but Shadow's Edge was not utilized to the fullest. It was done hastily.

True, I think Samael should have opened a portal to Earth and we should have seen the realm of the Destroyer too.

But that was an interesting fight for me. I enjoyed it completely, especially the dialogues going between the two.

True, I think Samael should have opened a portal to Earth and we should have seen the realm of the Destroyer too.

But that was an interesting fight for me. I enjoyed it completely, especially the dialogues going between the two.

He had a charming personality along with Lilith. Totally cool boss IMO.

He had a charming personality along with Lilith. Totally cool boss IMO.

Yep though he predicted the final moment pretty well,

"Sometimes in the end, the hero must die"

"So be it!"

Somehow Death's confrontational, dry humour inflected dialogues were better than what War got in Darksiders. Though he got the last laugh, killing the Destroyer and resurrecting the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Right now iam in lost light after finishing the arduous city of dead.so far i have spent 16hrs in the game so how much time will it take to complete the game now?

After 18 hours and 44 minutes, Death's journey has finally come to an end. It was a good game, but somehow, I still found the first game a bit more interesting. Sure Death, as a character, was crafted splendidly. The environment somehow felt repetitive, in terms of it's design. Another thing I noticed, was the difficulty of the puzzles was considerably toned down. Some good elements like time travel, split body form and the death lords to aid the puzzle solving aspect was done very well.

Addition of the RPG elements was a welcome change. I ended up scraping most of my loot, than I purchased. I ended almost 2 chapters of the Book of Dead, gathered quite a number of relics and performed a handful of side quests. But nothing provided a sense of satisfaction. It got tiring towards the end. I didn't bother completing the other side quests as most of them involved me playing the "errand boy" tasks. None of the side quests compared to the sense of fulfillment that The Witcher 2 provided. May be my expectations were too high.

The combat system, undoubtedly, was the highlight reel. It had gone leaps and bound ahead of the first game. Death's moves, his weapons, dodge style, upgrades etc. were much MUCH better than War's. I particularly loved those end snippets when Death delivers the final blow to a boss; uber-stylish. As far as the graphics and stability goes, I have no complaints. The art-work was brilliant, as was the performance, which was 60fps almost all the time. I didn't expect God of War III level visuals, but it got me thinking, what if it did match that tone. It had all the elements to have a dark and gritty tone, but instead VG chose a subtle path.

Anyway, my closing words would be - liked it, but didn't love it. Good attempt, but could have been better.

Just got hit with a massive ~1.3GB patch for the game. Let us see what improves.

AFTER ACTION REPORT
Happy to report that we just need a HD texture pack, the new 'improved' graphics settings show ugly texture popping issues as well as the entire game which has a brighter palette to it seems to have gone a little too dark.

Shadows have softned, the characters are not jaggy anymore but work is still left.

Completed the main quest and most of the side quests, took around 26 hours... Explored every nook and corner :)... Final fight is too easy ! Didn't get last part of the story at all :bleh:...
Gathered 8/10 pages of the 3rd book of the dead,will have to google for the rest...
Overall liked the game very much ! Waiting for the DLC's and *cough*HD texture pack*cough*

Darksiders2 2012-09-11 01-59-20-88.jpgDarksiders2 2012-09-11 01-59-34-25.jpg

After final battle, when Death take his mask off I thought they'll show his face, but then he just jumps off !! lol

Completed the game FInally after 22 hours of game play

the boss fight with samael was much more better than the one with corruption

overall the game is just meh it wasnt tooo good or too bad

Back