Dark Void PC

b00gieMan

Adept
... dint see any thread based on this game..

Decided to start one.

The game looks interesting..

GAME PLOT:
The game's story will center around a cargo pilot named William Augustus Grey (voiced by Nolan North) who crashes in the Bermuda Triangle. From there, he is teleported to a parallel universe where he encounters other humans, called Survivors. Together, Will and the survivors must battle an alien race known as the Watchers to return to Earth. The Watchers came from afar, making humans do their bidding, while being treated as gods. Eventually people known as Adepts emerged and banished the Watchers to the realm in which our pilot is trapped. With the help of Nikola Tesla, they retrofit Watcher technology to fight the Watchers.

GAMEPLAY:
he games make use of a new "vertical cover system", as well as a standard cover system.

The game will include a hover pack, and later, a jetpack, allowing for a quick transition between traditional shooter gameplay and flight. It has also been announced that everything unlocked in the first play through will be transferred over to new games.

The game also features "tactical freedom", which is different ways of achieving the same goal. For instance, in the game, the player must take down an Archon, a large robotic enemy manned by a Watcher. The first way to take it down is by shooting its leg joints, rendering the giant enemy incapacitated. Once this is done, the player must climb onto the Archon's tail, triggering a mini-game, and fight the Watcher that's controlling it. A different way of accomplishing all this is by hijacking an enemy UFO and blasting the Archon with the ship's cannons until it explodes

MUSIC / BG Score:
The score to Dark Void was composed by Battlestar Galactica composer Bear McCreary, making his video game score debut.[1] He recorded the score with a 63-piece ensemble of the Hollywood Studio Symphony at the Eastwood Scoring Stage.[4]

Film
According to Variety, Brad Pitt will develop a feature film based on the video game. Pitt will develop and produce the film through his production company Plan B Entertainment, and it was said that it could be a possible starring vehicle for the actor as well.[5] No production schedule was released for the film.
(Probably the same project for which he's tied up with Reliance.

YouTube - Dark Void PC Gameplay Action 1920X1080 Maxed Out Settings Win 7 HD 8 min

...dont really depend on reviews for such games.. although gamespot has rated it 6.5 but users have rated around 7.5.

Anybody already tried out this game.. released just Y'day. Some words? if its worth the money and or...

I played the 360 demo and it looked quite shitty, as in the whole game itself. I'll get it for the PC and let's hope the full version is better than what the demo had to offer.

Played the full version of the pc last night :p

Game is ok, nothin new or anythin.

However if u are downloading get the repack from reloaded.

^^ Um yes.. i know the repack.

..but guys is it worth it? :S I dont wana just u know waste my hdd space or so and then end up deleting it :p like i did with Dark Sector.

...Let know Ethan.. how you find it?

EDIT: GFX doesnt look all that gr8 as well..

^ Quake?? not at all.. Quake is a diff genre of game.. check out the video i've posted in the main post. This game involves mid air and ground combat.. Third Person Shooter.. aliens.. futuristic weapons, capturing a UFO and flying it.. etc etc.

^+1
Playing the game now. Not bad. A good playable game.
The vertical combat system is something new but i just don't get how that guy takes vertical cover in mid air. 0_0

Some Screenies
ShippingPC-SkyGame2010-01-2414-48-3.jpg

ShippingPC-SkyGame2010-01-2414-59-0.jpg

ShippingPC-SkyGame2010-01-2415-02-3.jpg

ShippingPC-SkyGame2010-01-2415-05-2.jpg

ShippingPC-SkyGame2010-01-2415-32-3.jpg

ShippingPC-SkyGame2010-01-2415-33-4.jpg

^ Naah.. i think i'll pass the game.. Thanks guys for the words and efforts. :)
Edit: Although mods can let this thread be open to all.. ppl can still refer it b4 getting the game :)

Am sorry for the late one.. but whts coming on / after Jan 26th?
jojothedragon said:
dowloading the game now. Hope its worth it. Anyways no new games for pc till Jan 26th so i'm getting it.

^ Nah.. not a fan of ME 1 itself.. although ME2 looks better and is better than 1st part.. btw, its out already.. not worth 14gb of efforts.

Agian, BIOSHOCK not my type game.. dint like BIOSHOCK 1 thta much.. lets see hows Bioshock 2.. btw, peeps.. did u check Alien vs. Predator upcoming game? The gfx looks really really amazing and gameplay and scenes are much like movie type.. i guess the game starts or has a level which is exactly same looking like the end of the movie Alien vs. Predator Resurrection (if am not wrong). I'll be excited for the release of this game.

Btw, what ahppened to the addon of Paradise (burnout).. some cops addon was gonna be out rite? No news came up after that.. almost bn a year now.

^ Nah.. not a fan of ME 1 itself.. although ME2 looks better and is better than 1st part.. btw, its out already.. not worth 14gb of efforts.
I don't know but maybe or maybe not a smaller version is availabe or maybe not in some site called demohoid may i can't remember if you really want to try out the game. Its more of a TPS than RPG.

^ Yes i know its a TPS.. but god knows why its rated or ppl call it RPG :S ..anyway its out.. its there on most of the famous private trackers. its a 14.5gb game or so.

Awwww... really SAD!!!!!!! Criterion Games

I know and that is the reason i'm getting it. The 1st game had less talk and more shoot.
Customizing weapons and armors are so much fun. The first one even had a armored tank that you can drive. Real awesome game.

Dark void is crashing the moment I pick up the first gun. I have to skip the cutscene to avoid it.

Did anyone else face this problem? Using a Palit 9600GT 512 coupled with E7200 + 2x1GB RAM (all at stock clock).

Please Advice.

Back