Budget 21-30k Daily use laptop for a growing small NGO

vidata

Recruit
I am looking for a recommendation for a laptop that will be a supplement to couple of existing desktops for our growing NGO office. Here are some use cases:
  • Heavy Excel spreadsheet & word processing data entry type of work
  • Website development using WIX platform and regular website content update
  • Creating newsletters
Some thoughts on what we are looking for:
  • Given that there will be couple of other desktops in the office, this doesn't have to be the primary device for the office of 4-5 NGO employees
  • We want to provide the employees with a flexibility to work from other areas of the office, or when traveling to remote areas, hence the laptop
  • Ideally 15+ inches screen, 16GB of memory, 256+ storage and there are no issues with size/weight
  • Open to a refurbished option as cost is a factor; Perhaps in the range of 25k to 35k; Hence, rather get something that has more memory/storage with decent processor than a brand new one with less for the price; I am well aware that some of the used/refurb corporate grade/model laptops can provide better stability
  • Brand is not a concern but in my mind long term (3 years or more) stability is important
    • Since I reside in the US, I am not familiar with the refurbished market in India or let alone current laptop market
    • This will be used in town near Vadodara in Gujarat; Ideally would like to buy it online but can make it work if it has to be purchased in store
I hope the details I have provided are sufficient; Please do let me know if my expectations on prices are way off.. Would love your recommendations on what we can get in the 25k-35k price range, with both refurbished or new.

Thank you in advance,
Manoj

Lenovo Ideapad series can get the job done. I have been using Lenovo Ideapad 3 (Core i5 10th Gen) since 2022 Jan for google sheets and office work and I loved the battery backup which provides like 4-5 on normal mode and 6-7 hours on power saving mode. The reason I am mentioning ideapad 3 is you can keep this is an option if you're going with refurb laptops... take a local Gujarati guy's help and this Ideapad should cost you between 17-20k depending on ram and storage. Good luck with the hunt :)

Check out this one from lenovo if you are willing to buy a brand new one. Doesn't have 16GB ram but you can upgrade it which is going to cost 2-3k for an 8gb stick and will still be under your budget.

Lenovo V15 AMD Ryzen 3 Quad Core 7320U - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home) V15 G4 AMN 1 Thin and Light Laptop (15.6 Inch, Arctic Grey, 1.65 Kg)

Back