D-Link DIR-524: Connection issue

Nishu

Adept
Hi,

I have been using DIR 524 router for about 18 months without any issues. Now, I'm not able to connect to internet through router. But when I connect the cable to my PC directly, I'm able to access internet.

Things that I've done to try to solve the issue:
1. Normal reset of the router
2. 30-30-30 hard reset
3. Changed LAN IP from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.2.1

But none of the above helped.

My observations:
1. WAN port is not blinking
2. WAN IP address is not allocated in the router configuration

My ISP is "Beam Telecom"
Please help me guys..
Ty in advance :)

Its the router, you've already confirmed it worked when connected directly to the pc.

cloning won't come into it here if it worked for 18 months without issue.

The wierd thing is it refuses to get the WAN address. I've not seen modems behave like this before. When they fail they get the connection but cannot hold on to it.

So this isn't corrupt firmware.

I think failed WAN port. Have you had many thunder storms lately. Maybe your port got fried.

Just as well its on the router and not your PC.

The wierd thing is it refuses to get the WAN address. I've not seen modems behave like this before. When they fail they get the connection but cannot hold on to it.

So this isn't corrupt firmware.

I think failed WAN port. Have you had many thunder storms lately. Maybe your port got fried.

Just as well its on the router and not your PC.

lol.. Yes.. Recently we had heavy rain fall with Ice cubes and heavy wind but very few thunder storms.. And also the WAN port doesnt blink.. :(

If you had hail then you definitely had thunder, lightning is caused by ice crystals moving up in the clouds.

The way this works is you and a load of customers are hooked up to a switch somewhere, a surge occurs, could be at any of the customers and this surge travels through the switch and fries all the nics attached. Check the grounding where your PC & modem is attached.

Talk to any other Beam customers in your street and find out if they are having the same problem.

April is a NIC killing month :(

Back