Custom duty related queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey thanks Vivek! it will be approx 472 INR
#[member='shopnshipindia']

What will be the duty on a mobile phone costing 300 $ ??

Hi the duty will be approx 1455 INR and the shipping charges are

he shipping charges are 10 USD for the 1st 500 gms+8 USD for every additional 500 gms+12.36% service tax

Hey what would be the duty on the nook color tablet + nook simple reader. Both combined, cost around $150 and weigh around 1.3 lbs. Would it be possible for you to mark them as gift as the value is less than ~ INR 8000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...ht_10866wt_1185

4. Does Aramex have the right to carry bonafide gifts and obtain duty exemption on gifts below Rs10,000?

Ans: Yes / No - subject to the discretion by customs

5. Even customs have to follow rules and if they do not, then one has the right to appeal. If customs collect import duty on bonafide gifts, will you file an appeal on behalf of your customer? Recall that you collect Rs100 to act as our customs agent.

Ans: Yes / No - we will not be able to appeal to the customs once it has been assessed by customs and yes, we can and we always support our client in this regard by appealing to customs before clearnce.

4. You have been less that striaght-forward more than once in our conversations for me to take your claims at face value.

If what you claim is true, then it should be easy to obtain and post a letter from Customs stating that "Aramex has the right to carry bonafide gifts and obtain duty exemption on gifts below Rs10,000."

5. Not true. Where discretion is possible. the rules explicitly state it.

When the rules explicitly state something, Customs (ar any authorities for that matter) do not have the right to go against the rules, unless it is in favor of the person. When they go against such rules one can appeal.

It is your responsibility to ensure that customs follow stated rules and if they do not you should appeal. When other couriers can get gift tax exemptions for bonafide gifts, why is it that Aramex cannot?

^ NO. Aramex is a registered freight carrier, and they CANNOT carry bonafide gifts. If you want to avoid duty, your best option is to get it shipped directly from the US, it will take time but you won't be charged duty as then the GIFT criteria will hold good

ShopnShip claims that Aramex can carry bonafide gifts and obtain gift tax exemption.

Can you provide evidence to your claim that Aramex cannot carry bonafide gifts and obtain gift tax exemption?

4. You have been less that striaght-forward more than once in our conversations for me to take your claims at face value.

If what you claim is true, then it should be easy to obtain and post a letter from Customs stating that "Aramex has the right to carry bonafide gifts and obtain duty exemption on gifts below Rs10,000."

When the rules explicitly state something, Customs (ar any authorities for that matter) do not have the right to go against the rules, unless it is in favor of the person. When they go against such rules one can appeal.

It is your responsibility to ensure that customs follow stated rules and if they do not you should appeal. When other couriers can get gift tax exemptions for bonafide gifts, why is it that Aramex cannot?

ShopnShip claims that Aramex can carry bonafide gifts and obtain gift tax exemption.

Can you provide evidence to your claim that Aramex cannot carry bonafide gifts and obtain gift tax exemption?

Man you seriously need to contact them at india@shopandship.com and get whatever your issue is solved. Taking this advise in a good way is your choice
<

What is the custom duty on..

1. Camera - Do you differentiate between DSLR / Bridge and P&S ??

2. iPad ??

I need to know the percentage.

hi

It is 14.8%
Hi S&S

How much is the duty on Ipad?

1) the duty will be 26.8%. with no difference

2) 14.8%

What is the custom duty on..

1. Camera - Do you differentiate between DSLR / Bridge and P&S ??

2. iPad ??

I need to know the percentage.

hi

Duty will be approx 800 iNR and the

shipping charges are 10 USD for the 1st 500 gms+8 USD for every additional 500 gms+12.36% service tax

Hi

Could you give me the landing cost for getting this product shipped to To Hyderabad, India? It is a backpack.

As per the site:

Product Dimensions: [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]19 x 15 x 3 inches ; 2.2 pounds[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Product value: $44.99( can be passed as a gift?)[/font]

http://www.amazon.co...33808284&sr=1-1

shopnshipindia said:
hi

It is 14.8%

2) 14.8%

hi

shipping charges are 10 USD for the 1st 500 gms+8 USD for every additional 500 gms+12.36% service tax

shopnshipindia' timestamp='1333965308' post='1735282 said:
hi

It is 14.8%

2) 14.8%
hi

hi

shipping charges are 10 USD for the 1st 500 gms+8 USD for every additional 500 gms+12.36% service tax and the weight wil not be on dimensions.. Benefit extended to you. It will be on gross weight

Hi

Could you give me the landing cost for getting this product shipped to To Hyderabad, India? It is a backpack.

As per the site:

Product Dimensions: [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]19 x 15 x 3 inches ; 2.2 pounds[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Product value: $44.99( can be passed as a gift?)[/font]

http://www.amazon.co...33808284&sr=1-1

Hi

what evidence at you looking at? Please let us know.

Rgds

hi

I have been seeing few posts above on duty exemption on gifts of value less than Rs10,000?

How do you classify items as gift?

Amazon has an option to mark the item as gift, would that attract zero duty?

hi

The duty is 28.6% on the customs assessed value

Rgds
What is the custom duty (percentage) on entertainment projectors?

For example this one in the link below

http://www.amazon.co...4258793&sr=8-14

hi

This is only for bonafied goods, eg gifts sent from persont o person. Amazon gifts declaration will not be valid

max value 10000 inr

I have been seeing few posts above on duty exemption on gifts of value less than Rs10,000?

How do you classify items as gift?

Amazon has an option to mark the item as gift, would that attract zero duty?

Hello All

Please find the list of revised import duty rates. Please feel free to contact us

Attachments

• revised duty rates.png
    revised duty rates.png
    53 KB · Views: 169
@shopnshipindia: I am really confused. I have registered for an Account in the shopandship website by paying $10. I also receive a confirmation from shopyourworld site that my registration is completed.I am also able to log in to shopabroadonline with the same credentials.

I had a chat with shopyourworld customer care to know what is happening, but he was unaware of shopandship, but he explained to me that i can provide them the link of product i need and they will provide me a quotation and arrange to get it to me.

Now i am wondering what was the $10 registration charge for, that i paid at shopandship?

Are these related sites?

hi

The duty will be approx 2252 INR

http://www.amazon.co...34672477&sr=8-1

how much does customs charge on this ??

hi

As discussed.. we are checking this for with our IT on top priority

rgds
@shopnshipindia: I am really confused. I have registered for an Account in the shopandship website by paying $10. I also receive a confirmation from shopyourworld site that my registration is completed.I am also able to log in to shopabroadonline with the same credentials.

I had a chat with shopyourworld customer care to know what is happening, but he was unaware of shopandship, but he explained to me that i can provide them the link of product i need and they will provide me a quotation and arrange to get it to me.

Now i am wondering what was the $10 registration charge for, that i paid at shopandship?

Are these related sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back