Crysis 3 Leaked Screenshots Show Stunning Lighting Effects

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Four new screenshots of Crysis 3 have leaked today . The screenshots show the "Canyon envoirment as seen in the E3 Demo .

The screenshots were posted on blog of Pierre-Yves Donzallaz , a senior lighting artist at Crytek and were taken down later . According to Donzallaz , the lighting and post processing effects are rendered in real time .

damdefensegallerypost.jpg
exploregallerypost.jpg

junglepatrolgallerypost.jpg
riverpatrolgallerypost.jpg

Crysis 3 is set to launch on PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 in February 2013.

Source | Via

It is very sad thet, cause of the poor ( compared to other games ) sales of original crysis ( wich was an excillent game , techincally and otherwise) crytek had to move on to other platforms as well.
Lets be honest crysis (and crysis warhead ) were better looking than crysis 2

I was hoping crysis 3 to be Pc only ( and later on next gen platforms), so that they dont have to sacrifice on the graphics .

Code:
 the lighting and post processing effects are rendered in real time

Can any one explain me this ?????

Code:
 the lighting and post processing effects are rendered in real time

Instead of using pre-rendered light meshes and Lighting RIG's the lighting effect(s) will be rendered by the GPU [OR CPU depending on the coding] with respect to the real-time situation the character is in.

A very crude and base analogy will be -- instead of using pre-rendered setups / render passes to aid the computer in speedy rendering the focus will be on making the game look beautiful and trying to simulate how something will behave in real-time. In this situation instead of using the current industry standard of having multiple light RIG's to illuminate the environment the game engine eschews a light RIG and instead focusses on creating an accurate real-time light set-up [with actual light emitters and associated paraphernalia in the scene] to give the environment a more realistic light setup.

Post-processing will be items and props reacting to light and projectile impact whilst gaming, sparks flying, also includes issues like appearance of foot-prints, shadow projection et al. These are all very, very resource intensive but the growing prowess of GPU's actually make it viable for the game engine to leverage their excess power and make the game a more engrossing affair. This means more virtual reality immersion.

This is what I understand with my limited animation knowledge wait for other more experienced members to pitch their views.

Instead of using pre-rendered light meshes and Lighting RIG's the lighting effect(s) will be rendered by the GPU [OR CPU depending on the coding] with respect to the real-time situation the character is in.

A very crude and base analogy will be -- instead of using pre-rendered setups / render passes to aid the computer in speedy rendering the focus will be on making the game look beautiful and trying to simulate how something will behave in real-time. In this situation instead of using the current industry standard of having multiple light RIG's to illuminate the environment the game engine eschews a light RIG and instead focusses on creating an accurate real-time light set-up [with actual light emitters and associated paraphernalia in the scene] to give the environment a more realistic light setup.

Post-processing will be items and props reacting to light and projectile impact whilst gaming, sparks flying, also includes issues like appearance of foot-prints, shadow projection et al. These are all very, very resource intensive but the growing prowess of GPU's actually make it viable for the game engine to leverage their excess power and make the game a more engrossing affair. This means more virtual reality immersion.

This is what I understand with my limited animation knowledge wait for other more experienced members to pitch their views.
yes u are right :)

Whats this rubbish people talking about next gen next gen.idiots.Have they played GT5.There is not a single poor pc game that comes close to it.What they expect in next gen real life like gfx 100% similar to real world.
I sometimes enjoy what these companies do to rob the idiot people.After all business is business.

Back