Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

asingh said:
Actually this thread is building more excitement for Cry2....! I think will take 2 days leave from work once I get the platter.

Resist the temptation. You're pre-ordering the copy right? Don't go down the BETA road and spoil your experience.

hellgate said:
The 9.22GB ver of the game is working flawlessly for me. I have full audio and no gfx glitches.Getting more than 60fps.
I neither have i7 nor GTX 480. So Not touching 60Fps.

About the audio.. Idk whats wrong. I can only hear score.. and there are some audio glitches too.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

asingh said:
Guys, how is the weapon modification system, and how are the binoculars..? Is speed and strength now combined. Also is the health regeneration system still there..? Heck want to ask so much.

Actually this thread is building more excitement for Cry2....! I think will take 2 days leave from work once I get the platter.
Weapon mod is as it was in Crysis 2. Bionculous is 10x improved than what it was in Crysis, it is impressive. And yes, health still regenerates.

Pre Ordered on nextworld. Yipeeee.....

@Aman,

Spoiling? Depends on how you take it. I didn't shot myself with doses of game. I just skipped cinematics, played 3rd mission for 20minutes or so. And will play the same level again today(with different tactics).. for another 20 minutes. So, it is just like a demo.

asingh said:
^^

Can see it only on Flipkart..? How soon after the 25th will they get it to us..?

Depends on when they get their copy. If it's D-Day, then counting the from the time they dispatch the copy, I'd say 2-3 days tops.

^^

Just asking man, whats the deal here. We all are curious about the game. Do not reviews and blogs do the same. Please.

asingh said:
^^

Just asking man, whats the deal here. We all are curious about the game. Do not reviews and blogs do the same. Please.

I don't think he was pointing specifically at you Anil. You don't even have the game, so no harm done there.

@Anil,

There are many... There are game changing things like Upgrading Nano suit with some awesome utilities (ability to see bullet's path from the origin, etc), to tiny little changes like power sliding when uses use Run+crouch combo (just like Splinter Cell conviction). Gun play feels solid than before. But the big disappointment is, Trees. They look fantastic. But when we shoot them, they stand still unlike the first game. I tried from pistol to rocket launcher and Tank. nothing happened. But i played only one level for a brief period of time. All i can say is, it seems that it has improved in every aspect.

vamsi_krishna said:
But the big disappointment is, Trees. They look fantastic. But when we shoot them, they stand still unlike the first game. I tried from pistol to rocket launcher and Tank. nothing happened.

Can you clarify? Were the trees animated? Meaning, were the branches/leaves moving around in the wind, like in the previous jungle Crysis?

I guess the official demo will clarify for sure what to really expect from the final/stable game, this is looking really good now :D

asingh said:
^^

Mmm...non destructible environs. Thought that was Cryteks speciality..!

Pavasedge, sorry mistook.
Its just the beta he is talking about. Crytek will make NYC destructible, don't worry.

@vamsi: congrats mate. :D

asingh said:
^^

Mmm...non destructible environs. Thought that was Cryteks speciality..!

Pavasedge, sorry mistook.
No.. no.. they are distributable. Signboards, Street lights, Vehicles,etc. But only trees remains indestructible

I once took cover behind a wooden thing. It broke after eating couple of bullets

Back