Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

You Won’t Need To Break The Bank To Play Crysis 2

In Highest Quality..

:D

The first Crysis title came out as a PC exclusive, since then it’s been known as the best looking game on any platform. However the sequel to the much celebrated PC shooter now has two new homes: the PS3 and Xbox 360.

From what we’ve seen the game looks beautiful on consoles, starting a vigorous debate on whether the game has been compromised to meet the requirements gaming consoles demand. Not so says PC Gamer Magazine. The mag had an exclusive look at the game and expounded on six aspects of it, one of them being the game’s resolution and how the PC version will stand “glorious†above the consoles’.

“The skyscrapers of Manhattan will help console systems manage Crysis’ infamously detailed graphics (by reducing the required draw distance),†the mag wrote, “but PC gamers – and only PC gamers – will see Crysis 2 in the glorious high detail it’s capable of.â€

And for those who think the game will cost PC gamers a fortune to get the best quality, thanks to “optimizations†you won’t have to break the bank.

“And thanks to optimizations made to improve performance, it’s unlikely that you’ll need a wallet – busting PC to see it.â€

PC Gamer Magazine is available around the country now, go buy a copy; lots of juicy stuff in it.

Re: You Won’t Need To Break The Bank To Play Crysis 2

thnk god finally my xbox gonan come to good use after a long time ! Definately gonna buy this one !

Re: You Won’t Need To Break The Bank To Play Crysis 2

We wouldn't need a dozen threads for discussions relating to the title either! We have 3 threads already.

Shall request a mod to merge the three into one single thread.

Crysis 2 (has the best graphics you've ever seen)

It's no secret that the original Crysis launched with stunning graphics for its time and it surely set the bar for future hardware-crippling games. Now, only a few years later, Crytek pledges to raise the standard for awe-inspiring visuals with Crysis' successCrytek: Crysis 2 has the best graphics you've ever seen - TechSpot Newsor, claiming that Crysis 2 has the best graphics in the history of video games.

The developer admittedly faces some new obstacles in getting CRYEngine 3 to run on consoles. "We know [developing for PS3] is a big challenge, but we're happy to accept it," said Crytek executive producer Nathan Camarillo. He also added that Crysis 2 won't just look pretty, as much attention is also being placed on gameplay elements.

In addition to setting the graphical benchmark, Crytek's upcoming title will bring "great gameplay, some engaging fiction, challenging AI, killer weaponry, and a complete gaming experience like no other." The game is set in New York City and is reportedly due around September of this year.

Crytek: Crysis 2 has the best graphics you've ever seen - TechSpot News

No wonder:cool2: words are from CRYTEK:eek:hyeah: be prepared with HD5970 or 5870CF to start CRY2 guys:D

Re: Crysis 2 (has the best graphics you've ever seen)

I will play this on my onboard graphics card :D .

Intel Extreme Graphics FTW !

Just for your information. From what I have read, Crysis 2 will have system requirements not in excess of the original Crysis.

Infact, Crysis 2 might have lesser requirements than the original Crysis.. I remember blogs being flooded with queries like "Will this rig play Crysis?" and "Suggest a rig which can play Crysis at Medium Setting"... Crysis raised the bar dramatically for hardware.. Just like Windows Vista ....

But, the Graphics were amazing.... life-like...

I just hope, that unlike last time they don't make our rigs look obsolete !!!

If Crytek don't want the Xbox360 and PS3 version to look like crap, they better do a good job with CryEngine3 so that it gives silky smoooth performance with some jaw-dropping graphics.

Man, they need to do something about their steep hardware requirements. The cost of running this game is massive. Guess ur paying to play a game with such sweet gfx

naaah guys they have learned there leason. Crysis was so hogged on high end gcards that they had 2 release a machine saying that it can run crysis in high settings and were selling it for 300$.

LOL if they really dont want to piss of ps3 and xbox360 crowds they will optimize it for dx9 and 3 year old hardware so its a win- win situation for us pc owners :D

I hope it lives up to the hype , I dont mind the uber high requirements , its like a peek at the future of computer gaming. It should be playable by mid 2012 :D

Crysis will be ultra good looking and playable on most of today's PCs in DX9 mode as that mode must have been uber optimized by CRYTEK.

Also, the lowest DX11 settings will run as good looking as DX10 but much much faster... so I expect a balanced game this time..

^Whatever happened to your goodbye thread you had put up in the feedback section? :rofl:

rite said:
Just for your information. From what I have read, Crysis 2 will have system requirements not in excess of the original Crysis.

Shows how terrible the first engine is. I am sure that all they had to do was iron out the memory leaks from the first one and behold!, we have the 'new' engine.

Back