Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

Re: Crysis 2 preview

quan chi said:
even far cry 2 has that kind of sliding but there you cant shoot while sliding.

Any videos demonstrating this? I hadn't noticed this during my play-through.

The feature looks good in slow-mo since you get sufficient time to aim and shoot, but it's tough to aim if your sliding at high speeds. Need to see how it pans out.

dr.sankhadeep said:
i hope my pc can run crysis at high settings...

If it doesn't, then be sure to send me one of your GTX580. It's useless if you're rig can't handle the almighty Crysis 2. :p

dr.sankhadeep said:
i hope my pc can run crysis at high settings....dont want to miss out any graphical goodies of crysis...
Doubtful.

/sarcasm for the uninitiated.

Desecrator said:
Doubtful.

/sarcasm for the uninitiated.

What are you claiming? His rig can play Mario @1080p with 60fps and you think it's not prepared for CryShit 2? :p

PS: Doc my offer for the GTX580 still stands.

Ethan_Hunt said:
What are you claiming? His rig can play Mario @1080p with 60fps and you think it's not prepared for CryShit 2? :p

PS: Doc my offer for the GTX580 still stands.
:rofl: :rofl:

IMO

Anybody with a:

Core i7

4gb ddr3 1600 ram

1gb 6970(if lucky then 5850/5870 1gb)

should be able to play Crysis 2 at 1680x1050 High (not max) or better assuming that it is better optimized than Crysis Warhead.

IMO

a 580 SLI should be fine at 1920x1080 MAX perhaps even with 4x AA.

We also have to take into account that it's been built for consoles as well. So if they have taken consoles as their base platform, then we can expect a elevated performance compared to it's predecessors, which were solely developed for PC.

Just a heads up for the HaxBOX 360 people:

Crysis 2 multiplayer demo hitting Xbox Live exclusively on Jan 25

When it's not being used as a great punchline for that joke about the microbe visiting the tailor (it's not that good), the nanosuit is trotted out as Crysis 2's superhuman advantage over other first-person shooters. Crytek and EA hope to make that clear in a Xbox-exclusive multiplayer demo, set to launch on January 25.

Xbox Live Gold members who download the demo will gain access to two modes, the "Skyline" map -- just one of many set in a demolished New York City -- and the nanosuit, which can augment your speed and strength, or lower your visibility. In the "Team Instant Action" mode, two groups of players attempt to kill as many enemies as possible, whereas "Crash Site" has you and your comrades capturing and guarding alien pods.

Crysis 2's multiplayer component is developed by Crytek UK, which was formed from failed TimeSplitters developer Free Radical. The full game, due on March 22, will offer six multiplayer gameplay modes, 12 maps, a leveling system -- and nanosuits for all! Check out a new trailer after the break.

Source: Joystiq

Ethan_Hunt said:
If it doesn't, then be sure to send me one of your GTX580. It's useless if you're rig can't handle the almighty Crysis 2. :p
good you asked for one that means i can still request for the another one.:D

Ethan_Hunt said:
Any videos demonstrating this? I hadn't noticed this during my play-through.

The feature looks good in slow-mo since you get sufficient time to aim and shoot, but it's tough to aim if your sliding at high speeds. Need to see how it pans out.
I came to know about it when i was playing the multiplayer.if i remember correctly press shift to start running then press cntrl for crouch something like that.
It is there even in the single player also.

watch here at 3.21 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOuYLNh0m2w

@ Descerator

even I m about to buy a GPU probably a 580 or 570,,,the seasonic 850 is on the way,,,:)

Do u think waiting now is gonna help in any terms ,,,are there going to be any price drops in near future say in the next few weeks ??/

^The GTX 560 Ti releases this month end. This card has a lot of anticipation esp. from buyers targeting the 300USD HD 6950. The GTX 580 pricing would be inaffected until the next fortnight since AMD plans to release their big ass dual-GPU Cayman i.e the HD 6990 by Feb/March. After the Chinese New Year i.e.

But i think the performance of the dual card of AMD that is the 6990 is gonna be much higher than the 580 so the prices of 580 are not gonna fall...and ya anticipation for the 560 is really high,,,SLI of the 560 is gonna rock,,,unfortunately i have a single PCI Express slot....:(

Back