Croma brand appliances

mathrisk

.: deleted :.
Adept
I am looking for a solo microwave oven.
In the last few years, we had to dispose 2 ovens till now.
One was LG Convection - bough 2011, changed motherboard(!) in 2016 worked for another 1.5 years and gone again. Spares became obsolete by then, hence discarded as garbage.
Next got an Samsung solo - which also stopped working within 2 years and seems this time its the magnetron which is gone and that costs 3k (the whole machine was 4.5k when bought) - and hence decided to scrap that too.

Those two are the popular names everywhere and had lemons from both.

Today went to a nearby Croma store and along with the popular brands (LG, Samsung, Panasonic etc), there were these Croma branded models. Priced a bit lower (say 1k less than the Samsung one) and offering 2 years warranty (extendable to another 2 years for 600rs). Seems like a decent deal.
But don't have any experience on the brand's products.

Anyone have any say on this?

Some Croma models are good and a few get rebranded to FlipKart SmartBuy, AmazonBasics, etc.

Especially with Refrigerator, TV, etc.

if there is extra warranty, then why not go for it for more peace of mind?

Why is your ovens dying so fast. Mine is also a 2011 LG convection oven used heavily, microwave daily atleast 3 times and convection atleast 4 times a month, yet no issues and on the other floor I have a samsung 2015 oven, its also used heavily no issues.

So clearly you have to find out why ovens are failing in your place. Is it due to voltage, is it due to heating, is it due to excessive dust.

Why is your ovens dying so fast. Mine is also a 2011 LG convection oven used heavily, microwave daily atleast 3 times and convection atleast 4 times a month, yet no issues and on the other floor I have a samsung 2015 oven, its also used heavily no issues.

So clearly you have to find out why ovens are failing in your place. Is it due to voltage, is it due to heating, is it due to excessive dust.
Ovens are hit or miss. Luckily we only had to change once. I think it's more about external factors like humidity and voltage as you mentioned. So getting the cheaper ones like croma might be ideal

Have stayed in 3 different houses, so electrical or other environmental things aren't common.
Heating part I am not sure as the last one was kept inside a enclosed (front open ) kitchen cabinet, with just 3/4 inches on all sides.
Might be an issue. But again, solo oven is hardly used for prolonged duration as it's main usage was to reheat foods. (4/5 minutes per meal)

Ovens are hit or miss. Luckily we only had to change once. I think it's more about external factors like humidity and voltage as you mentioned. So getting the cheaper ones like croma might be ideal

Yeah might get the croma one.

Know someone who works in Croma project in TCS. Checked for any metrics on service issues received. But nah, couldn't get that. Only help might receive is escalation numbers if needed. ;)

I have used Croma AC which has worked like a charm for past ~ 5 years or so.
But then there might be some horror story also with Croma brand - in my opinion, these are mostly white labelled goods with commodities components.
Big brands like LG, Samsung may offer snazzy features but if you are looking at fulfilling basic requirements everyone is mostly at par.
What you need to understand very clearly is how warranty would be honored (ask Croma store clearly) and post warranty how your equipment might be serviced (ask local household goods repair walla).

Back