Criterion working on NFS successor

drackz

Disciple
May 25, 2005
We haven't heard much about what Criterion Games is working on, outside of new downloadable content for Burnout Paradise. Now we do. During the William Blair Growth Stock Conference this morning, which I managed to listen to via webcast, EA chief operating officer John Pleasants confirmed Criterion has been assigned to an unannounced Need For Speed game.

"We've taken the Burnout team and combined it with our Need For Speed franchise," he said, speaking on EA's efforts to reboot the lagging racing franchise. "So we now have that in our favor because that Burnout team is probably one of the more online-centric and notably high-quality game developers that we have out at Criterion."

I didn't hear any other details on the game during the webcast, but confirmation that Criterion is taking a crack at Need For Speed is enough. Sounds like win to me.
Criterion Developing Need For Speed Game - G4tv.com

:eek:hyeah::hap2::eek:hyeah:

pavasedge

Adept
May 8, 2009
In my opinion most NFS games were good but I seriously believe this Shift will be boring.NFS is an arcade racing franchise there is no point in bringing a simulation game to it.How many NFS fans will actually like it?Its a good news that Criterion is developing next NFS.I hope it will live up to the expectations.