Cricket World Cup 2011 Thread

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Springboks will win the world cup!!!

India's 29/9 cost them the match!!

Still not out yet. But If they do not replace kohli . They will ruin all the good starts and dig a hole for themselves to be buried there.
West indies will determine our future.

Nehra last over was the biggest brain dead decision Dhoni has taken (close 2nd are - persisting with Chawla and Jaddu at times)

The Camel (as in Nehra) had given away runs at 6.17 per over, he was the type of bowler SA are used and he doesn't know how to bowl yorkers.

Bhajji was bowling better -had restricted run flow for last some overs, he is the type SA are not used to and he can bowl yorkers too. In case a guy is trying to hoick him outside the park we had 3 type of dismissals possible - stumping, bowled, caught.

If Bhajji had been also ineffective then it wud have been a case of - tried my best hand, it dint pay off.

Dhoni's interview - "Bhajji was the only other choice for the last over, but I thought it would be better to use the seamer. Maybe I was wrong, but I thought that was the better option. " Thank God no excuses this time.

^Exactly, MS needs to stick with more experienced/better performing players. Ditto with the batting order, Yusuf should have come after MS and Yuvraj as usual. I dont know why but he always seems reluctant to take the spotlight when it comes to batting, he just wants to be the guy who didnt affect the game batting wise much and avoids taking charge in important situations.

Last time India beat a Non Minnow team in World Cup was 8 years ago on 14th march 2003. :lol:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Mephistopheles said:
^Exactly, MS needs to stick with more experienced/better performing players. Ditto with the batting order, Yusuf should have come after MS and Yuvraj as usual. I dont know why but he always seems reluctant to take the spotlight when it comes to batting, he just wants to be the guy who didnt affect the game batting wise much and avoids taking charge in important situations.
Dhoni is no longer the batsman that we fell in love with. He is happy performing for CSK. Only crucial knock he played in recent times was 90 odd against South Africa. and His post match conference is more annoying than Pakistani slogger skipper, atleast Afridi always assure of improvements, Our captain has already accepted we cant improve in field.

-----------

India should drop Gambhir, We dont need so many achor role playing batsmen. Kohli is in glorious form (we are wasting him at 6/7) and no.3 is position he prefers. We should play Raina, he fields better than Gambhir plus he is much more capable of taking advantage of PowerPlays. Gambhir is meh @ 3, I'm not saying he is not a good batsmen, all I'm trying to say is why you need Gambhir type player when you have Sachin and Kohli in awesome form, who can anchor the innings. Now we know India cant defend anything less than 350 with this bowling, Raina should be automatic choice above Gambhir.

We have too many openers. Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir and then Kohli all are who can open and play 50 overs. Choose only one from Gambhir and Kohli wrt their form till Sachin is in the team, after Sachin these three could be there together.

Yusuf shouldn't be promoted uselessly when there are 8-10 overs left and batsmen like Dhoni and Yuvraj still to bat. And Dhoni needs to take better decisions and avoid unnecessary risks as to who to give the last over. He's gone with the wrong bowler twice now, today with Nehra and in the England match with Chawla.

I really am longing to see a good innings by Dhoni, and whenever the opportunity comes for him to rise and shine, he promotes someone else up the order.

The batting order should be:

Sachin

Sehwag

Kohli/Gambhir

Raina

Yuvraj

Dhoni

Yusuf

Harbhajan

Zaheer

Praveen Kumar

Another Bowler (Nehra, Chawla, Ishant, Munaf etc.)

SidhuScorpion said:
Last time India beat a Non Minnow team in World Cup was 8 years ago on 14th march 2003. :lol:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Dhoni is no longer the batsman that we fell in love with. He is happy performing for CSK. Only crucial knock he played in recent times was 90 odd against South Africa. and His post match conference is more annoying than Pakistani slogger skipper, atleast Afridi always assure of improvements, Our captain has already accepted we cant improve in field.

-----------

India should drop Gambhir, We dont need so many achor role playing batsmen. Kohli is in glorious form (we are wasting him at 6/7) and no.3 is position he prefers. We should play Raina, he fields better than Gambhir plus he is much more capable of taking advantage of PowerPlays. Gambhir is meh @ 3, I'm not saying he is not a good batsmen, all I'm trying to say is why you need Gambhir type player when you have Sachin and Kohli in awesome form, who can anchor the innings. Now we know India cant defend anything less than 350 with this bowling, Raina should be automatic choice above Gambhir.
yes..... and of-course raina can bowl too if required.......

i donno how to put this in front of u guys, but people here in mumbai are so emotionally involved that they aren't accepting India's defeat, they tend to believe that match was fixed :p ....... i had no replies for any of my friends or anonymous strangers with whom i had discussions :D

No worries for india/SA/WI...only matchup is between England and BD..So no worries for India..only worry is if IND come 4th...they will be facing Mighty AUS in QF...and u know the results of that match given the Indian bowling..and..if India is bowling second vs WI...may god save IND..

Arjun said:
Now we will face newzealand in the quarters instead of Pakis
i hope your prediction becomes true and India does not face Pak in the QF.

Have booked ticket for the SF at Mohali, hope that match turns out to be a IND-PAK match.. :)

Back