Credit Card

mayank

Disciple
I have just started using CC. I was annoyed with the level of insecurity in using it. All three information required for any online purchase is static. One can easily memories and can be easily misused. I think they should add one nonce component to make it more secure as done in debit card. They should message the nonce...anyhow they expect us to have mobile. Is anyone feeling the same?
I dont understand why its so insecure?

there is. Verified by Visa service.

Check your card bank website. They will have registration for this service. When you signup for this, you will have to provied VBV login info for online purchases.

i for one kinda prefer the unsercure way but as funky said most banks are moving to a verified service like netsafe and verified by visa where you need to give a pin. within a few months i doubt that you would be able to make a unverified online purchase

CC your highway to nightmares if not managed properly....better to keep checking the account once in a while and also as funky said use the verified by visa service. Not all sites use that but still it adds a bit more level of security......

Many online shopping sites in the US verify the mailing address given for the credit card witht the bank and allow shipments only to that address.

What about those one-time temporary generated "virtual" credit card numbers? Like HDFC's NetSafe service...

One good way of playing safe with CCs is to memorize the CVV number and erase it from the CC itself. This will help to avoid misuse of the card online.

Also put your signature behind the card, this will help to avoid misuse of the card offline.

vishalrao said:
What about those one-time temporary generated "virtual" credit card numbers? Like HDFC's NetSafe service...

+1 , i love this feature of HDFC , its the best way..........if u wanna shop for a particular amount u create a virtual card ONLY for that amount and use it........once its used where u want to , u can feel free to even go around publish the same here on TE :tongue:

Back