"CRC Failed. File is corrupt." with downloaded Rar's and Exe's

Daedelus

Disciple
Apr 13, 2005
Of late whenever i download any compressed files or self extractables i get an error "CRC Failed. File is corrupt." with most of the files compressed in the archive.
But however when i redownload them for the second or the third time from the same ftp link it works perfectly fine.
Scanned my HDD for viruses (by symantec AV corporate edition) and trojans, also for bad sectors.......also defragmented my hdd........ but found no problems.
So. i downloaded the latest wersion of winrar 3.6 beta 7 and tried to download the files but it shows the same "CRC Failed. File is corrupt." error.

Only after downloading for the 2nd or 3rd time and sometimes even the 5th time it works.

I fail to understand as to what seems to be the problem.
My download manager is Getright pro 6 beta.
I reinstalled it to check whether the problem is with it but i return back to square one with the same error.

What seems to be the problem ? Is it with the PC or with the server from which i donwload ?

Smith

Skilled
Jun 17, 2005
its the file u downloaded...its quite coincidential since just 30 seconds back i found out that the latest bleach episode that i got was a corrupted archive :p

chic_magnet

Skilled
Mar 23, 2005
the problem seems to be get right..

install another utlity such as flashget.. then chk if your still getting crc errors.......

Daedelus

Disciple
Apr 13, 2005
I also downloaded rar files thro uTorrent 1.5 and got the same error.

The funny part is when i redownloaded the same file it worked....

I'll try flashget but if it gives the same problem then what the hell seems to be the problem.

Any idea as to what can be done about the compressed files that i download thro torrents ? I'm currently downloading a a 1.45 gb torrent which happens to be a rar file. I dont wanna redownload it on a 256kbps connection with bad seeds.......

Any bright idea's ?

PS- Also this crc error happens 90% of the time.