CPU/Mobo CPU-MOBO urgent upgrade (AMD or Intel)

after reading my situation pls suggest accordingly .

• AMD build

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intel Build

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pratz

Disciple
What is your budget?
20-22K

What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - AMD Phenom 2 x6 1055t
Motherboard - Asus m4a88td v evo usb 3
GPU - AMD HD 7850 2gb
RAM - AMD VEngeance 4gb , xms3 2x2 gb1600mhz, xms3 1333 mhz 2gb, corsair value ram 1333mhz
Monitor - Dell LED
PSU - Corsair GS600
HSF - Cooler Master hyper 212+

Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
RAM - AMD VEngeance 4gb , xms3 2x2 gb1600mhz, xms3 1333 mhz 2gb, corsair value ram 1333mhz
Monitor - Dell LED 21.5 inches 1080p
PSU - Corsair GS600
RAM - all ram sticks.

NOTE :eek:ld CPU AND MOBO will be recycled for dad's build.

Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - Intel i5 4XXX or AMD FX 8320
Motherboard - msi g46 MOBO OR ANY other which would come meet the budget. (ASUS and Gigabyte)
CABINET - for recycled old cpu mobo build ( any cheap one would do but CM hyper 212+ shuld fit )
HSF - if needed for the new build

Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes,
RAM - 4gb or 8gb ram sticks ,would prefer a 4 ram slot mobo

Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
lammy (PRIMEabgb)
Open to online purchase FK

Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
HTPC
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
not a fanboy of AMD or Intel , but would like to know if the i5 series processors would have the difference when it came to online multiplayer gaming considering the price between them.
if it's worth only then would like to go for a intel i5 4670 (+5K OVER THE 8320 BUILD)
Do not want to buy XYZ company product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
MSI's rma is handled by digicare if i am not wrong, i have good experience with them, so wouldnt mind tryin MSI.
If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
FPS : battlefield 3, Battlefield 4 , maybe hardline.
Racing : The Crew (launching on nov 11th)
What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1920x1080

Desktop -1920x1080
Are you looking to overclock?
open to the idea but on AIR cooling. if possible.
Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 8.1 64 bit

P.S. main concern being the thermal output in both CPUs, i live on the top floor, rooms tends to heat up a lot, 1 ton AC does the job but wouldnt really like to run it all day long for the sake of PC heating. the current setup too gives a whining noise of the default AMD HSF so i replaced it with CM Hyper212+ push pull . if the same occurs on the new build might have to consider a HSF for the same.

please advice as i am looking to buy the components this week itself.

Think twice before u buy MSI. Prime sales rep told me that they are pulling out of India. Both the new thermal solutions are good. I had a 1055t before and i know the whining sound . I had it too.

Back