CPU/Mobo CPU + MOBO + RAM Upgrade

-Murali-

Disciple
So finally its time to upgrade my CPU and Mobo as i find it difficult to run applications, watch movies etc.

Budget is 20k and these are the components iam planning to get

CPU: Phenom II 960T or Phenom II 955/965 depending on availability AMD 3 GHz AM3 Phenom II 960T Processor | Processor | Flipkart.com
Mobo: ASUS M5A97 EVO ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS M5A97 EVO
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB PC3-12800 Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) | Ram | Flipkart.com
Graphic Card: Sapphire 7750 1GB DDR5 Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

So do i need to change anything.?

Btw my desktop resolution is : 1920 X 1080
will be encoding videos (Megui, X264), photoshop, after effects, android app development, not much into gaming but will play mostly at fullhd resolution.

the reason why i didn't consider intel is because of encoding and photoshop. And also i won't be upgrading for next 1-2 years. So quad core is future proof i guess..

Don't go for AMD rig as it's processor lineup doesn't match the performance of intel lineup so go for-
Intel Core i5 2320-9.5k OR i3 2100-6.2kAnandTech - Bench - CPU
Intel DH67BL-B3 -5.6k
G.Skill RIPJAWS 2GB x2-1.6k
Gigabyte HD7750-7.2k[Since you'll be gaming on Full HD resolution AMD HD7770-8.5k if minimum recomended so it's upto you which gpu to choose]
Hope this helps.:)

one more reason i went for amd is that extra SATA port..already iam having 3 devices and i may get another 2 devices next month (HDD and Bluray burner) so if i go for Intel i won't be having any ports left....and i always prefer ATX Mobo because of the expansion availability it has...

and one more thing, what about GTX 550Ti..is it any better than 7750?

edit: if i go for intel config then i need to compromise on gfx

here is what iam thinking about intel config

Proc: i5 2320
Mobo: ASUS P8H77-V
RAM same as above and no GFX

now the question is can IGP handle full HD movie playback and photoshop etc temporarily? and also can it play games (old games) at medium settings until i get GFX which may be like 1-2 months?

You can go for H77 mobo as it's future proof,Also if you're ready to put few bucks in for the gpu then go for Gigabyte HD7770-8.5k it's better than GTX550Ti-7.9k-AnandTech - Bench - GPU12
If you go for H77 then for temporary time it'll be able to handle photoshop and things you can go for gpu later.Which psu do you have?,It'll be better if you share that with us.
one more reason i went for amd is that extra SATA port..already iam having 3 devices and i may get another 2 devices next month (HDD and Bluray burner) so if i go for Intel i won't be having any ports left....and i always prefer ATX Mobo because of the expansion availability it has...

and one more thing, what about GTX 550Ti..is it any better than 7750?

edit: if i go for intel config then i need to compromise on gfx

here is what iam thinking about intel config

Proc: i5 2320
Mobo: ASUS P8H77-V
RAM same as above and no GFX

now the question is can IGP handle full HD movie playback and photoshop etc temporarily? and also can it play games (old games) at medium settings until i get GFX which may be like 1-2 months?

Back