Budget 21-30k CPU/Mobo/Ram Core Upgrade!

Hello!

What is your budget?

Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
PSU - Corsair CX550
GPU - Nvidia 2070
Cabinet - Cooler Master K380 (Open to upgrade for around 4k ish range)
SSD - WD SN570
HDD - 4 assorted Drives

Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - AMD 5600 (14k)
Motherboard - Looking for suggestions.
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz 8GB x 2 (5k)

I need opinions on the motherboard. Do I use a costlier B550 Motherboard like MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (11k) or Asus TUF GAMING B550M-E (13k)? or cheaper B450 boards?
I plan on buying locally so I can get the bios updated and the processor installed if I go with B450.
I do not require PCI-e Gen 4.

I need at least 4 SATA ports + 1 NVMe port for the motherboard. Extra Ports is great!

Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, this will be the final config. Might do a RAM upgrade a year from now.

Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Bengaluru (SP Road)

Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Yes

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Need good Compression/Decompression performance in 7zip, etc

Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
I prefer brands like ASUS or MSI for the motherboard.
Want to avoid Gigabyte and Asrock.

If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Emulation - Citra, maybe Yuzu, etc
Minecraft, Modded Skyrim, etc
Want to try newer games too but not a very high priority.

What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Both - 1920x1080p

Are you looking to overclock?
No

Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 10 64 bit

I also upgraded recently.

You can go for 5600 or 5600x whichever is cheaper. Performance difference is hardly 3-5%. Elitehub is selling 5600 for 13600 Rs.

You can go for B450 if you are not looking for Pcie gen4 support. It will work just fine. Most boards are coming with bios updated for 5000 series. If you get better prices online then buy online and get bios updated from local shop if it doesn't come with updated bios. I asked and the nearest shop owner quote me 250 rs for bioa update.

I bought Asrock B450m Pro4 for 6.5k. It has 4 sata and 2 nvme sockets and 3 video output. 4 RAM slots.

RAM you can go for 2 x 16Gb 3600Mhz (or 3200Mhz) module. Can buy Corsair or G.skill RAM. It will cost you ~7.5k unless you are into RGB.

Last edited:
I know you said you would like to avoid AsRock. But the Asrock b550m Pro4 makes a really compelling case.

1. Cheapest b550 motherboard with upgraded audio ALC1200
2. Rear panel type c
3. Has 2 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Headers. One of these will be used for front panel USB. And if you upgrade to a case with front panel type-c, you can use an adapter to convert the internal header to a type c and use it.
4. 6x SATA ports available. But if you use the second NVME slot, you are down to 3.

This motherboard has so much connectivity it puts most of the ATX boards to shame.
All of this for under 10k, I think this might be something you want to consider.

i suggest go with gigabyte ultra durable Mobo ... im using one (Intel) for almost 10 yrs without issues.
here is what i suggest
Untitled.jpg

Hello! I'm looking for suggestions on an ARGB fan hub and decently cheap ARGB fans.

4000D has 2 regular fans and I can install additional 4 fans ( want ARGB!). MSI B550M PRO-VDH mobo has only 2 RGB pins. :(

Back