CPU+Mobo+GPU+RAM :20k - Please advice

open_source

Disciple
I hope I posted correctly this time, the way forum demands.

Q: What is your budget?
Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E4300
Motherboard - Intel 945DGCCR
GPU - --
RAM - Corsair 1X2GB 667MHz
Monitor -Samsung PX2370
SMPS - Corsair CX-430
Cabinet- Cooler Master Elite 370

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor -Samsung PX2370
SMPS - Corsair CX-430
Cabinet- Cooler Master Elite 370

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4
Motherboard - Suggest( Should be able to overclock. asus and msi preffered)
GPU - ati Raedon 6670
RAM- Corsair XMS 3X 2GB

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
No

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Jaipur
Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
HTPC
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
AOE 2, Counter Strike Source, NFSMW, Prince Of Persia

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Gaming - 1920X1080
Desktop - 1920X1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Yes

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit
Linux - Ubuntu/Suse/Gentoo (1 at a time)
Mac OS X

Core i3 2100 ~ 5.5k

MSI H67MA-E35 ~ 4.7k

4GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz ~ 1.9k

Sapphire or MSI HD 5770 ~ 7k

Total: ~ 19.1k

Else the Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2-B3 ~ 3.5k and get a GPU upgrade to Sapphire HD6850 ~ 9.5k

You will not be able to overclock with a HXX chipset mother board.

The Sapphire HD6850 is a great card if you can afford it, otherwise HD5770 will be sufficient for the games you are going to play.

Thanks guys. I found a MOBO here

M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3. Check out the specs:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3

I think it is pretty much what I am looking for.Price about 5.3k in jaipur.

This point on you can be sure that I will Buy Phenom II X4 955BE or greater no intel.

Now tell me do I really need 6850 Card I mean I just what my PC to let run the game I specified above so I guess Sapphire HD6670 should be sufficient or better if I can stay with lower than that, let me hear what you guys have to say over this.

If you want to play the latest games at FHD then i would the HD6850 is the starting point for it.

But the games that you have mentioned are pretty old and should work fine @ FHD with a HD6670

Just wait for AMD APU Llano..!

It will be available for next month..!

AMD Llano is a great cpu and offers rich graphics than Intel sandy bridge CPUs..!

Yes the 6670 graphic card would be sufficient for those games :)

and that Mobo is awesome for overclocking afaik.

If you really want to OC, I would suggest you should get an aftermarket cooler too as overclocking on a stock HSF isn't really recommended.

nick2012 said:
better get 955be-5.7k

quad benefits
Also brings along quad-hunger + most of OP's work is general tasks and moderate gaming something which Sandy-Bridge will pull of with ease function more efficiently as and more importantly cost almost the same and is more future proof. AnandTech - Bench - CPU

The sensible thing to do if you want to walk down AMD's path is wait for sometime for the Llano and the Zambezi processors to come out c.September-mid here in India and then purchase.

The current Phenom II line-up gets demolished by Intel Sandy-Bridge.

just a quick question since llano will use fusion gpu and if this is processor combined with a dedicated graphics card will we get the gpu power of both fgpu and dedicated gpu something like crossfire or the gpu core will switch off as in present generation igp and only dedicated gpu will work?

think123 said:
just a quick question since llano will use fusion gpu and if this is processor combined with a dedicated graphics card will we get the gpu power of both fgpu and dedicated gpu something like crossfire or the gpu core will switch off as in present generation igp and only dedicated gpu will work?
Yes, if you use certain AMD GPUs they will work in tandem. The recommendation is Llano + HD 6670 for some pretty decent performance.

thanks for replying so that means only some of ati gpu will run in hybrid sli with llano.

can anyone give the list of gpus which will run in hybrid sli with llano and what mobo should be used to acheive this?

will nvidia gpu also work in hybrid sli with amds llano?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

it will be nice to see comparision of illano+6670hd compared with performance of other single more powerful cards like 6850,6870,5770,gtx460,gtx560.

if the hybrid crossfire of illano+6670hd even nears these card performance then buying 6670hd will be more value for money as it costs even less than half of some of these cards.

still we have no idea about the motherboard which we can use for this setup.

waiting for some comparison charts to show up.

now skip llano go for trinity

AMD's Trinity to Be at Least 50% Faster than Llano - Company - X-bit labs

Thanks guys for all your responses. I think i better wait for the new AMD series to be out then. I am also interested in the list think123 is demanding.

think123 said:
thanks for replying so that means only some of ati gpu will run in hybrid sli with llano.

can anyone give the list of gpus which will run in hybrid sli with llano and what mobo should be used to acheive this?

will nvidia gpu also work in hybrid sli with amds llano?

it will be nice to see comparision of illano+6670hd compared with performance of other single more powerful cards like 6850,6870,5770,gtx460,gtx560.

if the hybrid crossfire of illano+6670hd even nears these card performance then buying 6670hd will be more value for money as it costs even less than half of some of these cards.

still we have no idea about the motherboard which we can use for this setup.

waiting for some comparison charts to show up.

now skip llano go for trinity

AMD's Trinity to Be at Least 50% Faster than Llano - Company - X-bit labs

It is noteworthy that Mr. Bergman did not indicate whether Trinity will be available in the first half of 2012, or in the second half of the year. For AMD, it is now crucial to introduce its next-generation APU around the same time when Intel Corp.'s delayed code-named Ivy Bridge chip hits the market in early Q2 2012 in order to compete for design wins head-to-head with the market leader.
Trinity won't come till 2012 what will OP do till then? Much better if he goes for Llano now OR Bulldozer / Sandy-Bridge based on price / performance trade off between the two chips when Zambezi comes in force by mid-September.

ALPHA17 said:
Trinity won't come till 2012 what will OP do till then? Much better if he goes for Llano now OR Bulldozer / Sandy-Bridge based on price / performance trade off between the two chips when Zambezi comes in force by mid-September.

that is personal choice to wait or to buy now and is never ending argument.i never said that he has to buy trinity only,i said so because it will most probably be best when it comes out.

just consider investing in the latest processor like llano in 2011 and it gets outdated in 2012 by trinity.

so if you need a pc now then go for any of the option available whether sandybridge or phenom x4 or llano but when trinity comes out next year i think it will be the best if the price is right.

i mentioned trinity here just to state that life of the upcoming llano will be very short as next gen cpu will come out in 2012.

if you have any current pc with which you can manage till 2012 and not in urgency to build a pc then it will be wise to wait and see where is market headed and also in 1-2 months we will start seeing the fall in price of both cpu and gpu of all the current lineup whether amd or intel.

a thumb of rule is buy a pc when you need it dont wait too long as technology changes everyday,so if you need it now go buy it now.:)

^^ In that case people who bought the P55 chipset + Intel Core i5 750 were all cheated by Intel, because after ~6 months the Intel Core i5 760 came and in 1 year the entire series was booted out by the far superior Sandy Bridge line-up, I myself bought the Phenom IIx4 when it migrated to Deneb (Phenom IIx4 965 Black).

I believe that we should buy a system for personal satisfaction, not to chase down the latest benchmarks, good maintenance of hardware and software cleansing rituals shall keep your system at the peak of their performance, also do you think OP will wait till release of AMD Trinity APU (c. 2011 Q4 OR 2012 Q1) just so he can get the fastest solution is just stretching it too much he needs a solution now not next year or he wouldn't have created this thread. As well his games will not tax current generation chips a lot forget about the need of Ivy-Bridge or Trinity OR Bulldozer.

I'm not being argumentative on my point but am adamant on it.

people who bought the P55 chipset + Intel Core i5 750 were all cheated by Intel, because after ~6 months the Intel Core i5 760

yeah even I felt the same way. No upgrade path, I mean who kills a new socket in 6 months?

EDIT: Found the answer , INTEL.

Budget AM3+ Mobos have already released and will be available soon, at least from Gigabyte. If you decide to go with AMD right now it would be a swell idea to buy a Phenom with an AM3+ mobo. You will be easily able to upgrade to Bulldozer later with very little loss if you think you need more performance.

baccilus said:
Budget AM3+ Mobos have already released and will be available soon, at least from Gigabyte. If you decide to go with AMD right now it would be a swell idea to buy a Phenom with an AM3+ mobo. You will be easily able to upgrade to Bulldozer later with very little loss if you think you need more performance.

bulldozer will run on AM3+ with revision 2 mobo onwards which are out now as said and that is what makes amd cost effective as compared to intel for which in every cpu series you have to buy a new expensive mobo.

please note that bulldozer will not run on older AM3 socket and also note that the new cpu llano and onwards will use FM1 socket.

baccilus said:
they are already here......bought an 880GM-USB3(rev3) last week.....

Back