PC Peripherals CPU coolers ??? which one ??

Jul 23, 2007
For 2500k & q6600 (G0)
Suggest few cpu coolers
Budget : 3000 rs
Brand any until & unless it will do its job
My choices are hyper 212 + or Evo , tunic tower120 Ext, Ximatech Dark knight
Any other plz mention
Q6600 planning to Oc 3.6ghz or higher
2500k 5ghz.

atiamd

Adept
Aug 20, 2009
Juicy Way
Am using evo. Its awesome... My phenom 2 fell from 55 degrees idle to 30 degrees idle at stock volts... Its available at FK for around 2.2K...

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
@kaneunderground Get the Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~3900/-.

I upgraded from my Hyper 212+ to this, although the performance difference is not earth shattering; because after a point the limitations of the heat-sink cooling methodologies creep in [a lot depends on the ambient temperature and cable routing].

These are the points that won me over --
  • one of the best 120mm heat-sinks available;
  • silent operator;
  • compatible with any socket from Intel LGA 775 to current LGA 2011 [even ASUS-X socket], same story with AMD also Noctua keeps releasing update brackets as and when feasible [for free];
  • 6 years direct replacement warranty.

Other heat-sinks that you can look at --
Thermalright Cogage TRUE Spirit 120mm ~1700/- + importing CPU brackets
Thermalright Silver Arrow ~3900/- + importing CPU brackets
Noctua NH-D14 ~5500/-
SVG Tech AOC 120ST ~3000/- [not aware of compatibility]

For Prime ABGB purchases have a word with @chiragsthakur; really helpful and can get a few quid shaved in these dire times.

Also tagging @nikolain, he can give you an accurate low down on the SVG heat-sink.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:

nikolain

Disciple
Oct 4, 2009
Pune
www.svgtech.net
Thanks ALPHA17

Except LGA2011, SVG TECH AOC 120ST & 120DT supports all other sockets, but i will send out LGA 2011 brackets to anyone who want it for free in coming 2-3 months, i suggest you go with AOC 120DT at least, you can check out the review over here AOC 120 DT

mrcool63

Adept
Nov 4, 2007
Thermalright Cogage TRUE Spirit 120mm ~1700/- + importing CPU brackets
Thermalright Silver Arrow ~3900/- + importing CPU brackets
Noctua NH-D14 ~5500/-
SVG Tech AOC 120ST ~3000/- [not aware of compatibility]

ALPHA17 is right on track :) been using the u12p for 2 years now. awesome piece. and it is quite significant when compared to hyper 212 might i add. i lost a whole 4 degrees after upgrading on idle and around 8-10 degrees on load. however i believe it is easier to setup u12p compared to hyper 212 :) really very easy

In comparision cogage true spirit is not great at all!! noctua nh-d14 and thermalright silver arrow are the best in class air coolers but are huge and ram and case compatibilty come into play a lot with these heatsinks. Unless your case and mobo fit these and you dont have vengeance or taller rams then you can go for these.

SVG however is quite a new brand but one thing is for certain, their customer care is top notch ;) eh nikolain

nikolain

Disciple
Oct 4, 2009
Pune
www.svgtech.net
ALPHA17 is right on track :) been using the u12p for 2 years now. awesome piece. and it is quite significant when compared to hyper 212 might i add. i lost a whole 4 degrees after upgrading on idle and around 8-10 degrees on load. however i believe it is easier to setup u12p compared to hyper 212 :) really very easy

In comparision cogage true spirit is not great at all!! noctua nh-d14 and thermalright silver arrow are the best in class air coolers but are huge and ram and case compatibilty come into play a lot with these heatsinks. Unless your case and mobo fit these and you dont have vengeance or taller rams then you can go for these.

SVG however is quite a new brand but one thing is for certain, their customer care is top notch ;) eh nikolain
Thanx :)

Jul 23, 2007
I was hoping SVG tech can care their customer with big slash of price .. I am keeping svg tech as an option & looking for closed loop coolers cuz I am afraid to buy all expensive noctua & get F##d up :D which wont fit in many cabins mine is top mounted PSU I am old skool guy trying to max utilize old procy to max I know its a old tank I have got & new one 2500k is new dog in the house. I m still happy with my old Q6600 had two pc with q6600 selling off B3 & keeping this as memory cuz it was my high end build :D

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
I was hoping SVG tech can care their customer with big slash of price.

I think @nikolain has already reduced prices quite a bit, it will be a little unfair when you can bag a SVG Tech HOC 40 [which beats the Corsair H100 easy] for a much lower price tag [almost ~1000/- quid cheaper].

I have experience with Noctua's technical support, I needed an adapter for the cooler to fit in a different orientation on my AM3 socket system. So I filled up the appropriate form and within a time-span of 2 weeks they had dispatched the adapter in question to me [free of charge] and they have a similar system for Warranty claims if I am not wrong.

So go with whichever suits you Sire, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator: