Courier Service Feedback

I guess it varies depending on available infrastructure and load. Since it's speed post, it is most likely by train; and not air since it's not from a metro city.
Yes but if its via train then train from rajasthan to pune shouldn't take 50 odd hrs as even regular passenger trains cover the distance in max 24hrs.

Does Indaipost also prefers roadways like state transport buses or so, I'm unsure.
Its a important stuff and in that area only Delhivery and Indiapost was available and delhivery was costly yet unreliable so opted for the trustworthy Indiapost.

Wondering what medium do Indiapost uses? Bus/Train/Air what, does anyone got any idea?
It uses all of the above. It's one of very few carriers who have its own cargo planes.

What medium it will use for your parcel depends upon the route.

Been 51 hrs /2 days and no update therfater.
It usually means it's coming by surface (train or road). Nothing to worry. SpeedPost is reliable and in my experience is faster than Amazon on average.

It uses all of the above. It's one of very few carriers who have its own cargo planes.

What medium it will use for your parcel depends upon the route.

It usually means it's coming by surface (train or road). Nothing to worry. SpeedPost is reliable and in my experience is faster than Amazon on average.
Already received my order last night. Postman knocked at my door at around 8:30p. Weird that Indiapost works past 6pm.
Amazed how fast was the delivery was done given the distance but no timely update was a worry factor here.
Nevertheless, my faith in India post has paid off well till date.

Delhivery is the worst courier that I have shipped with. Two fully insured packages received damaged and one missing a small part. Raised two tickets with them for each shipment and they straight up ghosted me after asking for pictures. No response on Twitter or their email support. At least say that you won't entertain the claim for xyz reason, make something up instead of not responding at all. Shameless. Oh, and the tickets disappeared from the app as well.

From my experience:
Fedex and Amazon? (I think they use internal service) - Best out of the lot. 95% on time.
Bludart - Plays football with packages - every center says "incorrect pin, might impact delivery". All this while I know for a fact that the pincode is correct. They are still mostly on time.
Delhivery/XpressBee or any other "Shiprocket" services - Tons of fake updates. "Customer not available", "in route" etc all fake updates. I don't buy any high value item from any site which uses this service. It is simply not worth saving couple of bucks and worry about your costly purchases. In some cases, you cannot even cancel your order when these fake updates are happening.

I recently got a 30k worth of camera thru DTDC lite service. The updates to the tracking is absolutely useless. First day it said shipped to the city's apex but nothing as if it reached and further processed. There were no updates for three days after that. Fourth day night there was an update it reached my city and delivered the following day. I had anxious days due to this and the enquiry to DTDC the standard reply was on its way.

Am
From my experience:
Fedex and Amazon? (I think they use internal service) - Best out of the lot. 95% on time.
Bludart - Plays football with packages - every center says "incorrect pin, might impact delivery". All this while I know for a fact that the pincode is correct. They are still mostly on time.
Delhivery/XpressBee or any other "Shiprocket" services - Tons of fake updates. "Customer not available", "in route" etc all fake updates. I don't buy any high value item from any site which uses this service. It is simply not worth saving couple of bucks and worry about your costly purchases. In some cases, you cannot even cancel your order when these fake updates are happening.
Amazon uses outsourced last mile delivery companies - not affiliated to Amazon. They are either contracted or bid through Amazon’s portal for deliveries.
And I’ve have many many cases of deliveries not happening via ATS, but update says delivered. And then the guy comes next day to deliver. Heck, on complaining to Amazon, they also ask you to wait 48 hours before filing further complaint. And it’s getting pretty common to miss same day or next day deadlines.
BD is the most useless service I’ve ever encountered. Absolutely zero recourse, CC is useless. Delivery guys act like they do a favour delivering your parcel. Somehow in my area DTDC is amazingly good. Delhivery is idiotic too.

Am I reading this right, that ekart actually tried to do a pick up from my address instead of the seller's? There are 3 updates like that, although no one called me or came to my house. The orange part is my locality.

1698520000842.png

1698520042211.png

1698520066084.png

1698520080817.png

Finally registered on Shiprocket a month back and had horrible experience with eKart and XpressBees through them.

I was delivering some documents and both deliveries were marked RTO with 2-way deduction from my wallet. The business did not have a direct number to call which is what I had mentioned upfront and both the couriers it seems simply didn't deliver because they couldn't speak to a person.

The business of course exists and I had previously delivered using Registered Post, so at least the lesson learnt is to never use Shiprocket and its courier partners for any delivery to businesses.

Finally registered on Shiprocket a month back and had horrible experience with eKart and XpressBees through them.

I was delivering some documents and both deliveries were marked RTO with 2-way deduction from my wallet. The business did not have a direct number to call which is what I had mentioned upfront and both the couriers it seems simply didn't deliver because they couldn't speak to a person.

The business of course exists and I had previously delivered using Registered Post, so at least the lesson learnt is to never use Shiprocket and its courier partners for any delivery to businesses.
You shouldn't use them even for customer delivery - if you like your customers and want them to get the product on time.

It just amazes me how do businesses not see an issue with Ekart, XpressBees or Delhivery behavior of providing incorrect updates? XpressBees is so bad that now their alerts mailbox is full and writing to them just bounces back. You can't even raise questions or complaints.

To me the only reason make sense is that Shiprocket is cheap and everything else can be the cost of doing business. Samsung Shop Play store rating is full of people giving 1 star just for the shipping. And Samsung ecom guys ignoring it because the cost of correction will be higher.

Shiprocket is not to be blamed here. They are just the agent/mediator. The courier you choose is what matters. The first line of contact is the shipper. And shiprocket will just be able to help parallelly.

Shiprocket is not to be blamed here. They are just the agent/mediator. The courier you choose is what matters. The first line of contact is the shipper. And shiprocket will just be able to help parallelly.
For the first order, two delivery attempts were marked as unsuccessful om Sat and Sun when business was closed. I just wrote to their customer service to attempt delivery on Monday during work hours.

Guess what, om Monday the order went out for delivery and was then marked as RTO. Reason was that customer asked for future delivery.

Who do I blame here but Shiprocket for their poor communication. Also, their ticketing process is horrendous. Template replies, takes half an hour to get them to raise a ticket which is then closed with more template replies.

Also, had another eKart delivery where they claimed 50% more charges after delivery stating different product dimensions. Luckily I had photos of the package with the dimensions, otherwise would have been screwed there too. Don't have such issues cropping up with normal deliveries where payment is made upfront.

Last edited:
For the first order, two delivery attempts were marked as unsuccessful om Sat and Sun when business was closed. I just wrote to their customer service to attempt delivery on Monday during work hours.

Guess what, om Monday the order went out for delivery and was then marked as RTO. Reason was that customer asked for future delivery.

Who do I blame here but Shiprocket for their poor communication. Also, their ticketing process is horrendous. Template replies, takes half an hour to get them to raise a ticket which is then closed with more template replies.

Also, had another eKart delivery where they claimed 50% more charges after delivery stating different product dimensions. Luckily I had photos of the package with the dimensions, otherwise would have been screwed there too. Don't have such issues cropping up with normal deliveries where payment is made upfront.
Why didn't you reached out directly to the actual shipper instead of shiprocket ?
The shipper co. exp. variate across states/towns/cities so nothing can be judged on concrete level.

I only use amazon as the first choice followed by bluedart and delhivery so far zero issues.

Everyone except delhivery has a good customer care at least you can mail or speak to someone where delhivery is a total crap. They got no physical existence in this world it seems.

Why didn't you reached out directly to the actual shipper instead of shiprocket ?
The shipper co. exp. variate across states/towns/cities so nothing can be judged on concrete level.

I only use amazon as the first choice followed by bluedart and delhivery so far zero issues.

Everyone except delhivery has a good customer care at least you can mail or speak to someone where delhivery is a total crap. They got no physical existence in this world it seems.
I used to send packages using Delhivery Direct and surprisingly they responded to queries within 24 hours. It is another thing that sometimes no one came for pickup and the customer service had no response apart from asking when to reschedule it to.

I reached out to Shiprocket support because I used it for the first time and expected them to take responsibility of issuesmresultimg out of their service rather than reaching out to every courier separately each time.

Also never received Bluedart as an option yet for any delivery. Do get the Amazon as an option now and then but it always mentions that packages need to have sticker based labels because of which I haven't used it yet as I don't ship that regularly to get label stickers and print on them.

I reached out to Shiprocket support because I used it for the first time and expected them to take responsibility of issuesmresultimg out of their service rather than reaching out to every courier separately each time.
I will always first try to get hold of the shipper and only after not getting a resolution will bang shiprockets doors coz they will also be doing the same initially..

Also never received Bluedart as an option yet for any delivery. Do get the Amazon as an option now and then but it always mentions that packages need to have sticker based labels because of which I haven't used it yet as I don't ship that regularly to get label stickers and print on them.
Would suggest try amazon once. The sticker thing isn't a mandate as I always ship with a normal paper xerox. And been amazon,the tracking and delivery is spot-on. Also, dont use ekart or expressbess unless its the last resort.

The sticker thing isn't a mandate as I always ship with a normal paper xerox.
It's a mandate at my location in Blr. Not only that, they need the shipping label of specific size.

I have documented my experience of Shitrocket in another thread. While they are cheap, it helps if even one of their courier partner actually picks up the item. No amount of escalation to them or the courier themselves helped in my case.
I stopped using them and went direct. Good riddance.

u mean whenever you schedule a pickup via shiprocket it actually never happened across shippers?
Yes it became so bad that, none of them used to even turn up for pickup. It was clear to me that none of the courier partners were bothered with them. Not to mention the fake status update that thr item was not ready for pickup.
This was specific to my location though.

Back