Courier Service Feedback

tech.addict

Skilled
Jun 19, 2005
Kolkata
TNT or DTDC plus (without declaring as phone). Experience with DTDC Plus is very good so far - assured next business day delivery - charges are also reasonable.

parag1985

Disciple
May 5, 2007
archat68 said:
TNT or DTDC plus (without declaring as phone). Experience with DTDC Plus is very good so far - assured next business day delivery - charges are also reasonable.
just had a talk with TNT ppl they ask for the couriered item value and what the item is and i asked for the rough idea about charges it was Rs 130.00 and in the morning I asked DTDC plus their charges were Rs 275.00 Now theirs big diff in both the charges should I go with TNT then.

Arjun

Skilled
Oct 21, 2005
Delhi
parag1985 said:
Guys suggest need to send a phone to Kolkata which carrier should I use after going thru the thread I have selected these 2 companies TNT or PAFEX.

Now guys pls u suggest by ur personal experience.
Use dtdc plus, in the declaration form write something which courier guys would have no interest in stealing like adapter or some cable,and the value 150-200 .

tech.addict

Skilled
Jun 19, 2005
Kolkata
parag1985 said:
just had a talk with TNT ppl they ask for the couriered item value and what the item is and i asked for the rough idea about charges it was Rs 130.00 and in the morning I asked DTDC plus their charges were Rs 275.00 Now theirs big diff in both the charges should I go with TNT then.
Upto 500Gm DTDC plus charge for Delhi to kolkata is 150 RS. Declare value as 500 Rs. I usually take a printout of some ebay listing like some statue of god etc and attach it as invoice (edit it to add the sellers and buyers name and address).

like this :)

eBay India: Imported Designer Exclusive Colorful Ganesha Wood Base (item 130501578115 end time 01-Apr-2011 13:21:28 IST)

Arjun

Skilled
Oct 21, 2005
Delhi
So it should cost 140 + 85 = Rs 225 with dtdc plus , i would go with dtdc if the phone is expensive, i think dtdc will be safer than TNT, i recently shipped a sansa mp3 player and a seagate dockstar with dtdc plus both were delivered without any issues.

MohitPreet

Skilled
Dec 17, 2008
j_jindal1 said:
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've to send the medicines from India to US, I had sent them earlier as well but it costed me around 1000Rs. for 150 gms. As far as customs are concerned, I dont' think there should be an issue as far as medicines dont' fall in the category of certain drugs. I was looking for a cheaper way because these medicines are to be sent on a regular interval and I just cant' afford to spend Rs.1000 everytime..

Thanks for all the replies.. :)
simply use speed post , although slow but cheap best and safe as well , complete VFM!!

preet27

Disciple
Jul 2, 2010
I would say First Flight is the best courier service in India, they have their own flights and i have had places where i needed to send parcels and the only courier service that did it was first flight, i find their service very good, just my 2 cents.

jijojose79

Adept
Dec 20, 2009
Bangalore
Hi,

As of my experience, I am sending items from DTDC, Bangalore, the office is very near to my home.

I feel like they are looting the people like anything. I have sent a micro SD card in ordinary courier and the charge is 100Rs and the same thing my friend sent it for 30Rs( from Chennai).

The charges are relative :-((

To EMS senders:

Can we send electronic items in EMS?
Will this really works http://www.indiapost.gov.in/Domestic.html ?

Regards
Jijo

CA50

Skilled
Dec 26, 2009
GraveYard
jijojose79 said:
Hi,

As of my experience, I am sending items from DTDC, Bangalore, the office is very near to my home.

I feel like they are looting the people like anything. I have sent a micro SD card in ordinary courier and the charge is 100Rs and the same thing my friend sent it for 30Rs( from Chennai).

The charges are relative :-((

Regards
Jijo
100 buck for a Micro SD card is way too high, how to they change money based on weight or digital memory size:p
You should have send that item via speedpost.

adi_vastava

Code Game Code F**K
Adept
Feb 23, 2010
CA50 said:
100 buck for a Micro SD card is way too high, how to they change money based on weight or digital memory size:p

You should have send that item via speedpost.
Yep it is very high, I send a Mobo from Bangalore to Calcutta for 120 Rs using DTDC.

jijojose79

Adept
Dec 20, 2009
Bangalore
I think their min. charge is Rs.100, Once I sent a mobile to Hoskote(around 60km away), it costs me 100.

I will try with Speedpost or Professional next time, little lazy as the offices are far :-(

vikas049

Disciple
Sep 13, 2009
HI guys...need to ship a phone to Hoshiarpur (146001), Punjab..any suggestions on which courier service to use and do i need to tell them if it is a phone or so or can tell them it is a ipod / some other electronic....appreciate ur quick inputs...I dont have the bill for the Phone.

Also let me know the charges

parag1985

Disciple
May 5, 2007
I have shipped a phone few days back and I have used DTDC plus service as suggested by fellow TE members.They charged me 245 for a 630gm package to Kolkata .Dont tell them whats inside the package just declare it a random computer part (smps ,dvd drive).Pack it as solid as u can and just confirm once from dtdc do they have service of dtdc plus in the area u want to ship.They didnt ask me about any bill of the phone.

sanjiv

Disciple
Mar 11, 2006
shipped my old samsung mobile to a friend for rs.311 from bluedart the package was around 700g. i have also shipped via first flight which i recall as cheaper and they used to give me boxes for shipping now they dont neither does bluedart apparently "I asked today"

rohit3192

Disciple
Dec 27, 2010
I am in Delhi and want to send one item to friend in Bangalore so that it reach him by 19th Tuesday.

As courier offices remain closed on Sunday and booking will be done on Monday can anybody suggest if there is any nominal courier that can do so?

My motive is that cost remains reasonable and delivery will be certain next day.