Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Discussion Thread

Guys, I might get a key tomorrow from my friend... Would it still get me the full game? I guess they must be asking the beta users to purchase the game, now that it has released...?

I have this sitting in my Steam inventory, and I am in two minds whether to activate it or to trade it away for a couple of games. What say you guys? I hate Source, love 1.6.

One question before I activate it. What netcode does it run on, the recent one's where you can play with upto 200 ms ping, or the old CS one, where 100 ms would be unplayable?

Some one posted on flipkart
(do read it works!)How to install game from the disk, i know most people are having problems!
Note- this is the solution fro the people who didn't havfe the cs:go beta !

1)go to steam library when you have activated the game.
2)right click the cs:go bar, choose delete local content and confirm it.
3)now on the page on top bar click on steam>settings>
there must be an option "Change" For steam beta participation, if "NONE-opt out of all beta program" is chosen then change it to "Steam beta update". click ok. steam will restart and update.. it will take approx 5 minutes.
6)when steam restarts, enter the disk. run setup. install the game 2.1gb of the game will be installed from the disk now.rest you have to download. :( i too had to but this worked! enjoy! and please don't criticize flipkart.. it's not their fault but publishers!

Right-click on the game, select Delete local content, and confirm.
Insert the first disc into your computer.
Close Steam (Steam > Exit).
Press Windows Key + R to open Run
In the Run window type:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E:

Replace E: with the CD/DVD drive you are installing from if is not correct.
Replace C:\Program Files\Steam if your Steam installation is not in the default location.
Press OK. Steam will launch and ask you to sign in if you do not have your password saved. Your installation should continue from the disc.

Back