PC Peripherals Counter-Strike Gear

kochukhwa

Disciple
:eek:hyeah: Can anyone suggest me about about Counter-Strike gears ? I mean mouse and mouse pads.
What is the difference in using speed and control mouse pads,can anyone explain please ?? :huh:

Wrong section
How is the query in the wrong section?

Depending on your level of playing different gear will serve you, if you are a beginner go for something cheap and basic like the Razer Abyssuss OR Logitech MX 518, for mouse pads as the name suggests a Speed surface will make your mouse action shorter due to greater speed (but BEWARE too much speed is also not going to help) while control edition helps improve the mouse tracking thereby making that elusive head-shot come by easier :). Hope this helps.

Some links which you'll find useful --

Optical mouse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -- how optical technology works
Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers. -- Razer Abyssuss ~ 1300/- Razer Abyssus High Precision Gaming Mouse
Logitech MX 518 -- 1.4K MX 518 Optical Gaming Mouse

I personally have a Razer Salmosa + Razer Goliathus CONTROL edition + Razer Lycosa keyboard.

<< LONG LIVE the " ALPHA17 " >>....

I can feel the importance of a good mouse and also a good mouse pad in CS...

but does the gaming keyboard affects the gameplay....your opinion please ....

MANY MANY THANKS for what you've suggested....

@Kochukhwa

Main thing is the mouse and the msepad , speed edition and mouse edition differ in build by their surface fricition , on speed mouse slides (/glides) easily whereas on control there is more resistance , control mpad is bad to the mouse in a few ways (friend has 1) , he had a DA whose feet got worn out after playing on control mat whereas on speed mat my DA feets have never worn out , it doesnt neccesarily mean u wil get more headshot with control but mouse wont glide much so control wil be slightly better , but i have seen very few of them go for control editions ( even international pros :) ) ,

These are few of the suggested combos i have tried out and works cool for me

Mx-518 + SS qck,qck+ or heavy ( the special editions are smoother than the normal editions no idea y both supposed to have same surface)

Mx-518 + everglide titan( this pad is awesome but very hard to get )

DA+ goliathus speed ( best possible combo)

DA + goliathus control ( i was irritated by the fricition of the pad the strange feeling i get when i move the mouse)

And if ur low on budget the gigabyte 680 rs gaming mouse also is a good option , have played with it and found it to be pretty handy for a beginners low budget mouse ,

W.R.T keyboard never tried one , but a decent keyboard is needed not neccesarily a gaming one(mainly for crouchwalk purpose) where keys respond well to ur presses ( have played in cybers where i had to bang the keys to get it to respond)

@ALPHA: This was initially posted in the Member's market, guess it was moved here.

At the time, it was a wrong section, unless I am missing something.

@OP: Control edition mousepad has a ridged-type texture on the mouse which prevents the mouse from sliding more than necessary, hence the "control" moniker.

Speed mousepads have a very smooth texture that allows the mouse to almost glide and this particularly helps when you need the mouse to travel but don't want to put in the necessary effort.

As for keyboards, getting a mechanical one will be awesome, but be ready to bear the noise of the clicky keys. :p

TVS Gold for Rs. 1100 is a good deal.

Also, for the mouse, if you have a palm grip the Ikari Optical is unbeatable in terms of comfort and responsiveness. It retails for 2.3k, but can be had for less, if you ask around.

The QcK series by steelseries or the Razer Goliathus series by Razer will serve you well.

Back