PC Peripherals Corsair vs Transcend

hardboy

Disciple
Hi

If both are at 3250 + tax,which would be better for :
Performance especially in gaming,bootup,loading things,software,starting things,3d apps etc
stability
oc
reliability

corsair comes retail but in a packet,should i go for it?

first of all if anyone is annoyed, the best thing is not to post a reply as maxx said. Just ignore.
and plz refrain from making personal comments.

undertaker said:
For maxX:please use ur moderator powers with moderation.
This guy(hardboy) seems to be asking annoying questions too often and I am certainly not the first one to notice this fact.Just look at the way this question is phrased.Peace out.
For refrence purposes only:http://www.techenclave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2209 :D

Well I didnt even use my moderator powers. I find it strange that you have to answer everything with a flaming retort first.

Well the original post is moderated ? But I do agree with Undertaker till a point hardboy does troll quite a bit. But do what everyone does now Ignore or report him if he is thread jacking.

I'm betting that Corsair would be 'Corsair Value Select'.
Decent stuff though, has CAS = 2.5, but unfortunately would rarely OC more than 20Mhz over stock.

SuperNova said:
first of all if anyone is annoyed, the best thing is not to post a reply as maxx said. Just ignore.
and plz refrain from making personal comments.

Well I don't have anything against the mods but I really agree with undertaker on this. Hardboy is a pure troll who contributes nothing useful to any discussion. All I've seen him do is thread crapping since the beginning. Most of his questions make no sense at all.

For @ Hardboy:
Most PC3200 by good mfg.s differ in performance by 5-7% at best.Here I am talking about a stick rated at 3-3-3-8 to one at 2-2-2-5.With chipsets becoming very mature,
ram latency is not a very big factor in performance as it used to be.It will still make a difference but u can't feel it like u could feel the difference between CAS3 PC100 and CAS2 PC100 ram.
Corsair ,Kingston and Transcend use chipsets by makers like hynix,samsung,winbond an d infineon.Its the chipset that determines how well(i.e what latencies and what maximum clock ur ram can run at )ur ram runs not so much as the brand of stick.

GPU OC is NOT limited by your RAM

CPU OC is limited by your RAM, only IF you do 1:1 overclocking. Most motherboards these days have a Memory Divider, to bring your RAM to lower speeds and then it shouldn't limit your CPU OC.

Now I tell what i said earlier again - it does not depend on the manufacturer, but as Undertaker rightly said, it depends on the chip used in the RAM module.

Corsair Value Select uses standard chips which do not OC much and can run stable and fast only at stock speeds.
If you were to get Corsair XMS on the other hand, higher grade chips are used in the those memory modules, you would be able to OC to much higher speeds and then would it generally be much faster.
Same case with any brand - OCZ, Hynix, Kingston etc - if you buy the lower-end products, expect lower-end performance. If you buy the higher-end products, expect fast and stable performance.

The Corsair chips you are talking about for 3K are Corsair Value select, which means you can expect decent performance as long as its NOT overclocked. If you want high-end memory, try something else.

Man I love this guy.
One relentless mother.

Also I want to know how can I install cell processors on my cell phone. ASAP.
By the by Hardboy, Seagate 160Gig w/NCQ is for 0.085 Venutian aguamundos.

Back