Correct way to test Internet speed from local Internet provider ?

Futureized

Skilled
I am arguing from my provider since last 2 months, used to get 100 MBPS via download on torrents. now max 3 mbps ??

How to do i test speeds ?
Those people always use speedtest and contact local servers in mumbai only.. :( trying to proove there point..
Paying around 1600 INR a month for unlimited connection local broadand.

Its going down very bad many times a day.

What is your ISP?

You are now getting 3MBps (which is ~24mbps) or 3mbps? I too get the former, and its because of throttling from the ISP end.

1600 INR is pretty expensive. Look for alternatives. Speedtest will not work here to prove your point.

Yup, I think most local ISP's try to cache speed test upload download for showing higher upload download speeds. Some speed test servers in Mumbai show actual speeds though. So first test your download speed on fast.com and then check 4-5 speed test servers in mumbai which come close to the fast.com results. I've notices that speed test server in Malad and Vodafone server or some other isp server show real results instead of the fake speeds.

Yup Vodafone shows true speeds and thats what I choose manually if speedtest fails to find an appropriate one based on ping.
Still there's 20% good chance of getting fake values esp. with hathway.
So i always dospeedtest followed by fast.com and some other and then compare. All isps know that indian people only know speedtest and they are foolish to google for alternate testing options.

Back