Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

Research shows that adding “research shows” to any statement makes it sound legitimate. Experts say…

According to this link quoting wikipedia links makes them sound legitimate.
Did you read the news posted? The news quoted CDC, doctors, professors. These people are from different professions and disciplines. 'Experts' is correct term to collectively refer to them, whether you like it or not.

False authority is defined as the use of the passive voice without specifying an actor or agent. For example, saying "it has been decided" without stating by whom, and citation of unidentified "authorities" or "experts," provide further scope for weaseling.
So these are not weasel words in this case because credible sources were named in the news but not in the sub-headline.

Did you read the news posted? The news quoted CDC, doctors, professors. These people are from different professions and disciplines. 'Experts' is correct term to collectively refer to them, whether you like it or not.

So these are not weasel words in this case because credible sources were named in the news but not in the sub-headline.

According to some people Youtube/Facebook "research"> people who have spent decades studying infectious disease.

We dont need experts, I saw this video on Facebook that told me all I need to about corona. I am practically an expert now.

According to some people Youtube/Facebook "research"> people who have spent decades studying infectious disease.

We dont need experts, I saw this video on Facebook that told me all I need to about corona. I am practically an expert now.
There is a very old book called "Rhetoric" by Aristotle that explains how to make arguments based on Ethos, Pathos and Logos. Ethos is sense of authority where as Pathos is Emotion and the third one is logic. "Experts say..." was ethos and your argument is attacking emotions. hmm... come to think of it; what is my argument?

There is a very old book called "Rhetoric" by Aristotle that explains how to make arguments based on Ethos, Pathos and Logos. Ethos is sense of authority where as Pathos is Emotion and the third one is logic. "Experts say..." was ethos and your argument is attacking emotions. hmm... come to think of it; what is my argument?
BSos.

Did you read the news posted? The news quoted CDC, doctors, professors . These people are from different professions and disciplines. 'Experts' is correct term to collectively refer to them, whether you like it or not.
So long as credible sources were offered its OK. Many times the term 'experts say' is a red flag because those sources are never quoted and the claims made are based on hearsay.

Funny but i feel the same about you too…

For those who are new to this forum, there was a so called expert here who claimed to be a UN doctor dealing with covid on the front lines. Who eventually turned out to be fraud and banned.
And that means every doctor is a fraud. Great logic. Welcome to my troll/block list.

For those who are new to this forum, there was a so called expert here who claimed to be a UN doctor dealing with covid on the front lines. Who eventually turned out to be fraud and banned.

I was active in that thread during covid times, but did not log in for a while, and then life went on. Any link to what happened?

The so called expert fighting on the frontlines in Europe for the WHO turned out to be some demented basement dweller in Kolkata, he broke his own BS meter and was banned after a failed credential and IP log check.
Had few tiffs with him during Covid19 times, couldn't believe he was fraud.

These days, have a disdain towards comments by so called experts, but what options do we have than to listen and then take due diligence.

Anyways, statistics from here too indicate deaths (not that high as in early article, but these are, eh, just statistics):

Last edited:
Experts say...
To be fair to @booo, It is clear that the word "expert" is very often misused. If anything, the pandemic made it clear to me, that experts in positions of power are often more driven by political and conflicts of interest than their commitment to upholding scientific truth. Its quite obvious to those who have followed experts' publications like https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9 which are well cited, and have still not been retracted despite a clear scientific case for doing so, and despite the conflicts of interest of those involved.

Its unbelievable that those at the apex of the scientific establishment continue to drive certain narratives while the wider scientific community is generally quiet just because it is not politically tenable to question these publications. Those who question them are often unheard, and often face ad-hominem attacks from vested interests. The truth emerges over years, sometimes decades.

It is still a consensus view of most "experts" that COVID vaccines worked as intended and that none of the rising heart attacks among the young could possibly be due to the vaccines or due to COVID exposure itself. Feel free to see the media coverage and the expert statements vaguely advising the young to exercise under supervision/guidance/in moderation or correct their lifestyles to avoid heart-attacks.

Oh and nobody questions our Indian "expert" doctors when they repeatedly diagnose large scale local flare-ups of of illness as Dengue / Chikungunya despite the known different epidemiology of their spread, and widespread prevalence suggesting that these are most likely driven by strains of SARS-COV-2 doing the rounds. This dumbness is accompanied by zero public transparency and no questioning of the absence of COVID testing and genomic sequencing. We as a nation would rather be like ostritches, and pretend that mosquito populations now grow and infect human populations like airborne virus vector driven diseases of pre-2020. If the next pandemic comes, I expect us to be as badly prepared, if not worse because of the absence of multidisciplinary skills in public health decision making bodies.

And yet, it is already known that the virus infests multiple organs that have ACE-2 receptors, including the brain, heart, and testicles if I read the scientific papers right and my memory serves me right. The virus also impairs the human immune system through mechanisms too complex for me to comprehend.

It is not generally the case, but there are times and instances when human civilization is not too much better than the times when Galileo discovered that the earth revolved around the Sun, and nobody believed it because of interests of the powers that be, and the conventional wisdom (groupthink).

@Neotheone
Galileo championed Copernican heliocentrism, primarily got into trouble with his ruler due to dirty (nepotistic?) politics. Heliocentrism was very very old idea too, though not widely aware, probably due to multitude of reasons.

btw, The 'experts' at this Havard cancer research center were doing fraudulent activities using Photoshop.
Where as Indian 'local experts' were just misdiagnosing Dengue / Chikungunya vs Covid-19 ?

Last edited:
btw, The 'experts' at this Havard cancer research center were doing fraudulent activities using Photoshop.
Just wao!
Where as Indian 'local experts' were just misdiagnosing Dengue / Chikungunya vs Covid-19 ?
For real?
there was a so called expert here who claimed to be a UN doctor dealing with covid on the front lines. Who eventually turned out to be fraud and banned.
User name please.

The very core of scientific principle is to be able to question everything and challenge the assumptions and ideas.
When people get chastised for questioning ideas it is not science anymore and is more of a cult.
When I questioned that stupid abc article due to its clickbait verbatim; instead a healthy debate people were throwing anger. Now that got me into troll mode.

Wow he conviced evern me that he was a UN doctor
Red d n ?

It is not generally the case, but there are times and instances when human civilization is not too much better than the times when Galileo discovered that the earth revolved
I hope it will not be forgotten that all the instances in which the human civilization is a lot better than those days, is also due to the "experts" ? And those beneficial instances are overwhelmingly more numerous and impactful?

Last edited:
The very core of scientific principle is to be able to question everything and challenge the assumptions and ideas.
When people get chastised for questioning ideas it is not science anymore and is more of a cult.
When I questioned that stupid abc article due to its clickbait verbatim; instead a healthy debate people were throwing anger. Now that got me into troll mode.
While that is true, you would probably agree that a lot of popular criticisms / questions are so low quality that scientists tend to develop a sort of arrogance towards any questions that challenge the conventional wisdom.
I hope it will not be forgotten that all the instances in which the human civilization is a lot better than those days, is also due to the "experts" ? And those beneficial instances are overwhelmingly more numerous and impactful?
Off course not, there's no taking away from the wonders of what knowledge and science has done for us. Despite the gratitude, my concern is that modern scientific mistakes can potentially result in extinction events (with a low probability, but still a risk not worth taking). In that context, the absence of debate around gain of function research and the suppression / ignoring of existing evidence of COVID origins or risks of MRNA vaccine technology in its current form, must be addressed seriously.
@Neotheone
Galileo championed Copernican heliocentrism, primarily got into trouble with his ruler due to dirty (nepotistic?) politics. Heliocentrism was very very old idea too, though not widely aware, probably due to multitude of reasons.

Hey sorry I'm not sure if I followed your point. I can be linguistically challenged at times I guess (not kidding).

Last edited:
Back