CPU/Mobo Core 2 Quad OR i3.

Planning to upgrade my PC (Slowly Part By Part) . I already have a 775 Socket motherboard. So if i3 has no clear advantage other than power consumption and heating issues might as well go with core 2 series.

challapradyumna said:
Planning to upgrade my PC (Slowly Part By Part) . I already have a 775 Socket motherboard. So if i3 has no clear advantage other than power consumption and heating issues might as well go with core 2 series.

Though you want to upgrade in parts, but then you can try buying in this way cause it would be better off.
1-CPU + MOBO + RAM at one go
2-PSU + Cabinet
3-GPU
4-HDDs & ODDs
5-etc

Hope it helps. :)

If you get a cheap 2nd hand C2Q then it's fine. Depends entirely on what kinds of games you'll be playing, which graphics card you'll be pairing it up with, and what resolution you'll game at.

I think OP you should get the Core i3 if you are only gaming right now instead of trying to preserve your old RIG.

OR if the budget is biting you hold on for some more time.

There were some C2Q up for sale in the market here. Doubt they were the coveted Q9950 stepping E0, though.

Recently bought a Asus HD 4670-1gb.Planning to Take asus P5KC from jaymathers which has both ddr2 and ddr3. I have a 20 inch samsung which runs at 1600 by 900 . I dont need the rig to play at ultra settings in crysis 2 but atleast some lagless gaming at medium settings with all latest games.

challapradyumna said:
Recently bought a Asus HD 4670-1gb.Planning to Take asus P5KC from jaymathers which has both ddr2 and ddr3. I have a 20 inch samsung which runs at 1600 by 900 . I dont need the rig to play at ultra settings in crysis 2 but atleast some lagless gaming at medium settings with all latest games.

Though you may not want a high end rig, it doesn't make sense to buy an old tech near to a price for which you can buy a currently available processor (Core i3- appx 6.3k), this is mainly the reason which most people are suggesting you to avoid buying it.

I would suggest you the following options:

1. I would suggest that if you have a credit crunch then it is better to hold out till funds are available.

2. Get an old processor which costs less and gets the job(gaming) done.

3. Upgrade in steps as suggested by me earlier or any other manner which suits your budget and get an Intel Core i3 based system.

Hope it Helps. :)

Bought a P5KC Mother Board .Currently need a PSU to power a ATI HD4670 So that i can use the GFX . Current PSU cant take the load it almost fried to death , It smelt like overcooked food
<

Back