Laptops Cooling solution for XPS1210?

Ambar

Adept
So my Dell XPS1210 is getting really hot - so hot that I cant keep it on my lap, and have to shift the position of the laptop every 15 mins if kept on a cloth for fear of burning it.
How can I cool it down? Any laptop coolers or some other solutions?
Right now I dont have a particular budget - but as cheap as possible and anything that does the trick.

TIA :)

hi ambar , i also have the dell XPS 1210 , i faced the same issue few months back , when i used to watch movies keeping my lappy on the bed it used to get extrelmly hot and movies used to play with jerks as temperature used to go very high . Then i bought a cheap notebook chilling paad ( around Rs. 400 ) , it has got two fans and is powered via usb , it solved my purpose completley , fans help a lot to keep the lappy cool in almost every situation .

I am happy with the performance , its satisfactory for the amount of money i spent . After buying i came to know even i-ball has launched a a few laptop cooling pad's . u can consider them also , there build quality seemed impressive to me .

If you have not had your laptop cleaned (from the inside) for the last 3-4 months you can consider getting that done too

laptop cleaning ??? wats dat ??

I hvn't got it cleaned it the past 3 years of ownership

Is it neccesary?? i dont have any problems with my lappy till yet !

Yeah, we get our units serviced and cleaned up every 3 months now to avoid any possibility of issues like this :p

Yeah forgot to mention, I got it cleaned just 4 days back. But no temperature changes...

anubhav - Is it available on Ebay? Can you check and give me a link if its there?

yes i will search and tell u ,. for sure its available on ebay.in

notebook chill pad, Computers Peripherals items at low prices on eBay India

dis is the link , choose any seller whom u can trust and get it delivered at ur doorstep

ambar i would suggest u to with 3 fans chill pad , i m using 2 fan one , but i guess 3 fan one will be way better

http://cgi.ebay.in/NoteBook-Chill-Pad-with-3-Fans-Keep-your-Lptop-Cool_W0QQitemZ120423743854QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_203?hash=item1c09d0816e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A1|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A2|294%3A25

Thanks alot - will order asap. Reps for you.

BTW I switched the fan speeds onto high, and the temperatures are currently at :

CPU Cores : 69/70

GPU : 77

Earlier it was around 6-7 Degrees more.Its still damn hot though :(

yes cooler master is best but he actually wanted the cheapest solution for now , dats y i suggested it .

ambar , u received the cooling pad ?? How's it working , do tell me once u use it

Back