Graphic Cards coolemaster extreme power duo 600 watts be enough for 670 gtx, need urgent reply

660ti or 670 gtx

• 660tii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 670gtx

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vintech82

Recruit
My psu is coolemaster extreme power duo 600 watt

The link for specifications:
http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/17-171-013-03.jpg

Please tell me quickly as I am planning to buy 670 gtx tomorrow from smc international in nehru place tomorrow.

I was thinking about purchasing 660ti but now i have some cash and would like to go for 670 gtx.

Please confirm which should i get 660ti 21k
Nvidia N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC

or 670 gtx by the same manufaturer 26k

+1 to that. i have same PSU...opps i had same PSU what you have....which just blown off on its own and took my Motherboard also with it. dont know Dust was the reason or there was too much of load on it. you can see my config in Sig. i use that machine mainly for vmware and occasionally for gaming and that too Age of Empire 2 Conc edition etc.
but i would say GTX 670 card needs more power than what so called Duo extreme can give from CM.

Here's a good answer: Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 600 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

Look at page 7, the power supply burned down when connected to a load close to rated max of 20A on each of its 12V rails. Two 20A loads on 12V rails is 480W, which should be possible for this PSU.

The power supply is a poser, the 600 is indicative of the level at which it will cause destruction, not of how much it can deliver.

I would not risk any system with a power supply (and I'm being generous calling it that) of this calibre. When you throw peanuts, you will only get monkeys.

Go with that Gtx 660ti + Anyone Of the PSU Suggested by DigitalDude, OC the Card a Little + some increase in Fan Speed ,This Card should Go upto the Stock 670 Performance!

Need ur expert opinion

please throw that 'eXtreme power' out of your window or gift it to your enemy.

if you are planning to get GTX670 (or even a GTX660) you should first get a good PSU from seasonic or corsair. you may have to spend 5~6k depending on the model.

Seasonic S12II-620 620W Power Supply
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 SMPS

_

I know my 600 watt cm is not that great. I would like to bring to your notice that it is running my current card ati 6870 which has the tdp of 150, perfectly for an year and a half. I believe 660 ti also has the same tdp, so explain to me how there could be a problem if I get that.

- - - Updated - - -

Please guys tell me if the 660 ti will work with my psu , preferably before 11 am. I have stopped dreaming about 670 because purchasing it with the psu is out of my budget. Just tell me 660 ti which has a tdp of 150 the same as my 6870, will that work. I hope someone wakes up early.

I know my 600 watt cm is not that great. I would like to bring to your notice that it is running my current card ati 6870 which has the tdp of 150, perfectly for an year and a half. I believe 660 ti also has the same tdp, so explain to me how there could be a problem if I get that.

Please guys tell me if the 660 ti will work with my psu , preferably before 11 am. I have stopped dreaming about 670 because purchasing it with the psu is out of my budget. Just tell me 660 ti which has a tdp of 150 the same as my 6870, will that work. I hope someone wakes up early.
good that it has worked till now. as you have already used a similar TDP card with the PSU, you can in theory use the GTX660Ti also. but since the 'extreme power' series has such a bad reputation and misleading specs, it seems prudent that you prioritise the upgrade to a better PSU first. so that you don't entirely leave it to chance, the survival of your new GFX card.

_

Firstly the HD6870 does not have a TDP of ~150W it is more, why do I say this is because it has 2x 75W PCIe power connector + draws 75W from the PCIe bridge itself.

You have just been lucky with your unit on this count that it did not crap over all your components.

If you value a new graphics card and the health of your RIG in the long run I suggest that you opt for a new SMPS -- Corsair TX v2650W ~5800/- OR Seasonic S12II 520W ~4500/- (minimum) and a GTX660Ti.

If you want to cheap-out here then go with whichever card that falls in your budget and don't complain when the system does not boot / OR end ups in flames.

Back