User Guides Convert hotmail to 250MB account

:hap3:

Two ways:

The easy way:
just signup for a new account and in the country choose USA along with proper state and zip code number ( How to get the zip code correct:
TRY THIS SITE Just choose the proper zip code for your state.
For those who wanna convert their existing account follow these steps. At the start it converts to 25MB. After 15 days it will be to full 250MB
I am giving the full way along with screenshots.

1) Sign into hotmail using webbrowser of your choice.
2) When you see the main welcome page just go over to the 'options' tab at the right hand top corner and click it (See the screenshot below)
14dx.jpg

3) Now on the new screen that shows up, click on personal options.

20nh.jpg

You will see a page like this.

33tz.jpg

4) Now you have to change the following:
In country choose :United states.
The page will now refreash automatically so that in the states column you can now select any of the 50 United state states. The key is to match the zip code with the state. Just browse over to this site and select any state and the related zip code for the state.
eg i chose california and zip 90007
Now click update.

You will see a screen like this.

40cr.jpg

Click continue.

5) Now at the top right corner of the new page that opens, adjacent to 'options tab' you will see a 'help' tab. Click on it.
50ov.jpg

A help window will pop up. In that window click on View all topics. See screenshot below
69kq.jpg

6) You will be presented with a new screen. On this click on 'about your account' and then on the list that opens click on close your account. See screens below

79el.jpg

80ds.jpg

7) Now you will be presented with a close account page. See below. Click on close my account. (if using firefox, you will have to revert to the original page after clicking. that means after clicking on the close account as shown below, the origianl page you were browsing when the popup help appeared will have a close dialog box as shown below.) Fo Internet explorer there is no such problem.
99ge.jpg

Click on close my account.
You will be presented with a window like this

105jg.jpg

8 ) Now close all your browser windows. And reglogin via hotmail. You will come to a screen about activating your account. Click 'activate account'.

9) Accept the license agreement..(read it if you have notheing better to do :p )

10) In next window choose 'free email'. Don't select paid email options.

11) Next you have the free newsletters page. Select what you want(if you want it that is) and then scroll down and click continue.
Next page is like the previous page. Scroll down and click contine.

12) AND there you have it :)
114on.jpg

Initially you have 25MB. Later it will be upgraded to 250MB. Usually in 15 days.(some say 30 days but it took me 15 so i say 15 days.)

** Update Now its being upgraded in 3-4 hours. So even better. When i did this 15 days back it took 15 days.. :rofl:

(And I have checked and can assure you that outlook and outlook express along with foxmail continue to work after this if it worked for you earlier.Also hotmail popper works with thunderbird.)

8)

Back