Car & Bike Contemplating on RE ?

sbhas2k

Adept
Guys,

i have been longing to get my hands on RE for a very long time. Now the time has come as i am travelling 60kms daily and i thought RE would give me the comfort and pleasurable ride (as of now using Pulsar 150).

Mostly interested in second hands and I have gone through a few bullets and will be visiting a few more in the coming weeks

1) I found a bullet of 1970 make with G2 engine and perfect working condition with original parts. The quoted price is around 90k. Will this be a good investment? I heard this would be a real classic RE Bike.

2) I have also came across bullets made after 1990 and some in 1980's. Should i got for a newer model i.e after 1990's or the 1980's model?

Remember this will be my first RE. Also nowadays the prices ranges from 65k to 1L
frown.png

Kindly suggest, it would be of great help

i think the price is quite high considering the age of the bike.. i know people are interested in the older bullets, the traditionalists and hence the older models are still in demand.. but still.. 90K is quite high.. if you are gonna spend that much, my recommendation is to forego the classic old bullet enthusiasm and buy the new UCE instead... the beat wont be there... true.. but nevertheless.. much more hassle free ride.. and if you want a bassy beat sound, you can always have an aftermarket exhaust with a bigger opening.. they do the exhaust sound job quite well... i myself bought a classic 350 and have clocked about 600 kms now.. heres my thread.. http://www.techenclave.com/auto-zone/advise-royal-enfield-130578/p2/

and moreover, considering this is your first RE, i would strongly recommend you to buy the newer ones.. on top of that, theres no point spending 90k on a second hand and that too so old.. unless you are some hardcore bullet enthusiast and are engaged in restoring old bullets..

True buddy and i have altered my decision.. Now still contemplating on Bullet 350, Electra and Classic 350. Hope i choose and book soon. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

True buddy and i have altered my decision.. Now still contemplating on Bullet 350, Electra and Classic 350. Hope i choose and book soon. Thanks

90k is very high
i will say if u want classic nothing can match the old one...
RE without thump is equal to heart without heartbeat...

Go out of city...any nearby village ui ll def find some for 25-30 range in running condition..
get it.. do the cosmetic and necessary engine works if necessary..for 20-30k..

It will fetch u max 50-55 another 5-7k for paperworks if there is any

Done...

Back