Contact lenses online deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAGNeT

Skilled
Well this is for those people who already uses lens and want to buy new lenses of same company.

I was using bausch and lomb than i migrated to johnson and jhonson yearly.

Than i finally setled with Johnson and Johnson monthly disposable.

Last year i bought it from a shop here in mumbai.Box price mentioned was 500.But sticker and price charged was 450 per box(containing 6 lenses of single eye ).So in all yearly i bought 4 boxes and paid 1800 in total.

As now again i wanted to buy i was not ready to buy from my same old trusty dealer as i had some bad experience .As my mom was just about to get specs from titan i enquired they say 500 buks for the single box.

So in all total this tme would have been 2k.My trusty dealer would have given again at 1800 or might be 1900(i didnot enquired).

Than on groupbachat site i found a link for coupon to buy for 49 and get 250 discount from

Contact lenses at Lensstreet.com India | Contact Lenses Delivered to your Doorstep at Great Prices

Also the price mentioned was 425 per box and if total surpasses 800 bucks delivery would have been free.

I was not ready to risk but since buying the coupon each case would have cost 375 per case.

I ordered yesterday morning and now the parcel is delivery in 1 day flat right from gurgaon.

Coupon can be bought from

Choose a Location and Start Saving Now · GroupBachat

Also if one doesnt wish to buy coupon 10% discount coupon code is 'ADDOCT10'
(no hyphens)

Note:: One should test his number before ordering as it might have changed in a year.Also the coupon i bought wasnt working at first.I had a chat on line on there chat help.And within 5 minutes that difficulty too was over.

My experience so far is good as i got the product in hand.

Re: Contact lenses online from Lensstreet

It actually sounds weird to many people to buy contact lenses online but its actually quite easy.. All you need to do is get your eyes tested with a doctor or at any optician shop and then use the same number while buying it online. When you receive the lens box, just confirm the power mentioned on the box matches your prescription (you may also want to check mfg date on the box). That's it.. done!!

Price wise, these online stores most of the times have much better price than shops and with these discount coupons, the deal becomes even more sweet.

@magnet Did you check any other sites as well? I wish u had.. prices of lenses at healthkart.com would have blown you away!! Even lenskart has prices slightly better than lenstreet.

eg - B&L Soflens 59 monthly disposables (6/box) costs Rs649 at lensstreet; Rs630 at lenskart & just Rs422 at healthkart

My first order was at lenskart, got the package in 2 days at bangalore, COD thru Bluedart. Lenskart gives free lens case and 60ml solution with every order of 2+ boxes and just the lens case for 1 box.

Here's the link for a coupon available on khojguru: Flat 500 off on purchase of 1000 & above at Lenskart.com

This time i ordered at healthkart, B&L Soflens (1 box) @ Rs422 + Silklens solution (360ml) @ Rs124 but paid only Rs446 using a Rs100 off coupon (referral coupon from a friend). The package is on its way.. hope to receive it today.

100 off Discount Coupon for healthkart.com: Anshal9K7NQSPJ9

This gives 100 off on purchase of 500 & above on any product.

This code is under a referral program, if you use this coupon, you'll get Rs100 off and i'll get store credits.

jainanshal said:
It actually sounds weird to many people to buy contact lenses online but its actually quite easy.. All you need to do is get your eyes tested with a doctor or at any optician shop and then use the same number while buying it online. When you receive the lens box, just confirm the power mentioned on the box matches your prescription (you may also want to check mfg date on the box). That's it.. done!!

Price wise, these online stores most of the times have much better price than shops and with these discount coupons, the deal becomes even more sweet.

@magnet Did you check any other sites as well? I wish u had.. prices of lenses at healthkart.com would have blown you away!! Even lenskart has prices slightly better than lenstreet.

eg - B&L Soflens 59 monthly disposables (6/box) costs Rs649 at lensstreet; Rs630 at lenskart & just Rs422 at healthkart

My first order was at lenskart, got the package in 2 days at bangalore, COD thru Bluedart. Lenskart gives free lens case and 60ml solution with every order of 2+ boxes and just the lens case for 1 box.

Here's the link for a coupon available on khojguru: Flat 500 off on purchase of 1000 & above at Lenskart.com

This time i ordered at healthkart, B&L Soflens (1 box) @ Rs422 + Silklens solution (360ml) @ Rs124 but paid only Rs446 using a Rs100 off coupon. The package is on its way.. hope to receive it today.

I havent seen other sites.But problem is I use johnson and johnson product.As using other have caused lot of iritation to my eye earlier.

Btw with your offer it would have cost around 1200.

But i am not able to get khojguru code on mobile.

Damn with khojguru coupon it would had been further 300 rupees less..1120 to be intact,

This means how much margins this opticans shop make on a product.

Anyways thank s for sharing all such links.

MAGNeT said:
I havent seen other sites.But problem is I use johnson and johnson product.As using other have caused lot of iritation to my eye earlier.

Btw with your offer it would have cost around 1200.

But i am not able to get khojguru code on mobile.

Damn with khojguru coupon it would had been further 300 rupees less..1120 to be intact,

This means how much margins this opticans shop make on a product.

Anyways thank s for sharing all such links.

You're most welcome :)

Definitely there's such high margins in both specs as well as lenses, i have seen many opticians selling lenses at MRP & with those imported frames for specs, they may ask whatever they feel like.

For future i would definitely recommend that you check healthkart first & if you don't find your brand there, lenskart would surely have it as they seem to have the most variety. You may also check B&L iConnect, its new monthly disposables from B&L priced at just around Rs190/box (3 lenses/box). See if that suits you, i have used it once.. found them quite ok.

jainanshal said:
You're most welcome :)

Definitely there's such high margins in both specs as well as lenses, i have seen many opticians selling lenses at MRP & with those imported frames for specs, they may ask whatever they feel like.

For future i would definitely recommend that you check healthkart first & if you don't find your brand there, lenskart would surely have it as they seem to have the most variety. You may also check B&L iConnect, its new monthly disposables from B&L priced at just around Rs190/box (3 lenses/box). See if that suits you, i have used it once.. found them quite ok.

Actually the price at which i got the lenses from lensstreet with discount coupon.Same is the base price for healthkart.

Right now the khojguru coupn is hot stuff to buy as said.I paid 1499 whereas if i had seen that earlier it would have cost 1120 all inclusive.

Anyways its always you learn the expensive way.

I had put similar type thread in general section regarding specs.But never got a single reply.And see here the first post itself gave me 3-4 new bookmark materials.

Thanks again for sharing.

Also can you find a site which sells this lens solution online aquasoft from astek.Its an indian company and i guess it just cost 290 buks here .If a bit cheaper i might get that too online but most site doesnt stock it as i see it.

MAGNeT said:
Also can you find a site which sells this lens solution online aquasoft from astek.Its an indian company and i guess it just cost 290 buks here .If a bit cheaper i might get that too online but most site doesnt stock it as i see it.

Even I havn't seen or heard of this. Will surely let you know if i come across anyone selling it :)

Hey thanx from the heart to MAGNeT for starting this thread for Myopians :bleh: like us,

& also to jainanshal for providing more sweeter deals !!!

I will appreciate both of u for this great work.

P.S.: It would be more beneficial if u let us know about the deals going on Spectacles frames & their glasses(hidens fiber glass)

Thanx

Very Very Useful thread me just bought contact lens from shop :(

My personal experience with Healthkart was very good ...I bought B&L contact lenses from them and it was delivered very fast. Also price was cheapest which I got.

mmm...will give these sites a look over. Currently I just pick 30x disposables (or 15 pairs) for 1400. Acuvue. Decent and soft.

I pay Rs.740 for 2 boxes (six month supply, 12 lenses total) of SL59 monthly disposables to local B&L distributor. MRP 825 per box. I think this is the cheapest price anywhere.

agupta02 said:
I pay Rs.740 for 2 boxes (six month supply, 12 lenses total) of SL59 monthly disposables to local B&L distributor. MRP 825 per box. I think this is the cheapest price anywhere.

I bought 2 boxes from Healthkart in 745 Rs , its almost same ur price :)

agupta02 said:

This means 370/box, that's definitely the lowest i have seen (without any discount coupon atleast)!! Yesterday received my order for the same B&L SL59, MRP 422/box from healthkart (that was the cheapest MRP available online). Was delivered on the 3rd day after placing order so was fast enough.

Anyways, here's another deal link i found: Pay Rs50 to get Rs500 Off at VisionCare, Min. Purchase Rs1000

a small doubt here, i havent used lenses before; though using my glasses over the last 13 years,

this is the product i intend to buy >>iConnect 3 Month Pack (Monthly Disposable) | HealthKart.com.

Now i have my right eye and left eye prescriptions.

1. Now do i need to worry about about the BC / DIA option in the "Show prescriptions" tab?

2. How long can i use a pair of lens, though would be making use for work and switching over when i get back home to glasses ATM?

max 12hrs continious wear limit for B&L softlens59 as advised by the doctor

abracadabra said:
a small doubt here, i havent used lenses before; though using my glasses over the last 13 years,

this is the product i intend to buy >>iConnect 3 Month Pack (Monthly Disposable) | HealthKart.com.

1. Now do i need to worry about about the BC / DIA option in the "Show prescriptions" tab?

2. How long can i use a pair of lens, though would be making use for work and switching over when i get back home to glasses ATM?

You can usually use them for like 10-11 hours. But eyes start to feel strained. You have to maintain strict hygiene when placing and removing, and avoid the involuntary action of fingering your eye when an irritant gets in it. Also a practitioner can help you learn the removal and setting of the lens.

abracadabra said:

You already have appropriate answer to 2nd question in the post above.
Regarding 1st question, actually you need not worry about it.. There is just one option available in both which is already selected. Just select your power.

I found an awesome deal on toric monthly disposables from lenskart. 3 pairs of coopervision frequency excels for ~700 bucks after the 'peace500' Rs. 500 discount.

i'm a bit confused about CL power. I have used lenses about 10 years ago, but not toric.

this chart http://www.lenskart.com/toric_1.jpg shows slighlty lower powers for lenses vs. glasses.

any advice would be appreciated.

Julian said:
I found an awesome deal on toric monthly disposables from lenskart. 3 pairs of coopervision frequency excels for ~700 bucks after the 'peace500' Rs. 500 discount.

i'm a bit confused about CL power. I have used lenses about 10 years ago, but not toric.

this chart http://www.lenskart.com/toric_1.jpg shows slighlty lower powers for lenses vs. glasses.

any advice would be appreciated.

do you have your prescription with you?

That chart shows nothing but conversion from spec power to power required for contact lens. For power starting from 4 onwards, your contact lens power will be lesser than that of glasses and the gap between the 2 increases with increase in power.

Toric lenses are required only when you have cylindrical number as well along with spherical (which is the usual number); also cylindrical number will always be accompanied with some axis.

Hope this helps..

yes, i have my current prescription for glasses. my question is, are CL powers different or slightly less than spectacle powers as shown in the chart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back