Consumer Harassment, the Mitsu.in way

rootyme

Disciple
"We donot like customer who try to teach us the things. We donot need a advise from you, we donot want that a customer to give us any advise after violation of instructions. Now for all this exercise of your fault we will charge you (INR 500)."
- The response of a 'professional company's official support' to the questions of a consumer who had 'paid for a 10 year term' the night before

They 'assumed' that I had entered fake info and suspended my account without ever telling me what exactly was fake or what exactly I needed to update. Nothing specific mentioned, no warning issued before suspension by them. Update or pay us 500! Read on:
Before I begin, let me tell you that I am going to start a free educational blog that would reach all the underprivileged students. I had purchased a .in domain from mitsu last night after a lot of research to get the best possible price. They have a site that appears like something from the late 2000s. No promotion anywhere and apparently no advertisement either. Got to know about them from Reddit and TechEnclave. So they are charging purely for the product service unlike all other major players in the market who charge for their promotion, ad budget and support. OnlineSBI looks like this, but as long as it works, no complaints, right? Rethink.

1. So a paid for the domain at around 21:30 yesterday, sent them a mail asking for a little help with setting it up. Went to sleep.

image_2023-09-04_17-56-324.png

Note how docile I was when asking for help. Until now, that was the basic propriety in my book even if I am asking for help from paid support. I regret writing 'Please'.

2. Woke up this morning to a shocking response. Without any warning, they had suspended my account and threatened me to delete my domain and NOT issue refund. All for what? They suspected that my contact info was 'fake'. And why? Nothing on that. The only one I can guess is that I had entered the name of my city instead of my full home address. Everything else was entered as they should be. My name, phone, mail, location was all entered accurately.

mail 2.png

3. I was unsettled by this unexpected threat. I had no problem providing them my Aadhar but I was feeling not so good about them outright suspending my account overnight without a warn to update what and how they thought should be. So I inquired where I needed to send them my Aadhar. I also asked them to be more transparent about the fact that they will suspend accounts on mere assumptions. Again, I regret writing 'Please' twice more.

image_2023-09-04_18-14-42.png

4. Here comes the biggest shocker. Their support team was extremely triggered over my unhappiness regarding my account suspension without any intentional fault. They kept quoting 'fake/false' as if I am some scammer when I had paid them for the service less than 14 hours back.

image_2023-09-04_18-22-48.png

5. As I am still a student 3K means a lot. I was now risking losing all that if I didn't pay them 500 extra because they were 'offended'. So I sent them my complete Aadhar copy. I feared they would suspend my domain if I sent just the 12 digit number. They were clearly threatening enough to pull the trigger without asking me again to send the entire copy instead of my personal 12 digit number.

image_2023-09-04_18-37-11.png

6. I get a prompt reply that my account had been restored temporarily but not without the warning that they will charge 500 if I don't do it myself in 48 hours. No documentation link. No written help on how to do it. Just do as we say or pay us 500. That is their official support.

image_2023-09-04_18-37-51.png

7. I have never managed DNS before. Clearly not an expert. So I asked them to confirm that I was doing it the right way. Wrote down all the steps myself. NO RESPONSE EVEN AFTER 8 HOURS.

image_2023-09-04_18-43-14.png

8. Missing response meant that they were uninterested in allowing me to make the change. I did the needful and followed the steps I deemed to be correct.

image_2023-09-04_18-48-24.png

8 hours have passed since I asked them to verify that my updates and steps were correct. My account is active. But no response. No guarantee that it's not going down in 48 hours. They are doing this to a paid customer.

UPDATE:
After 22 hours they still have not confirmed if my account/domain is safe! Sent them another fresh mail 55 minutes back. NO response.
image_2023-09-05_11-17-31.png

Attachments

• image_2023-09-04_18-14-42.png
    image_2023-09-04_18-14-42.png
    132.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Post on Reddit, Twitter, Linkedin. That response in point #4 is atrocious.
Update: Still no response from them after 11 hours. They never told me what exactly needed to be changed, or if the way I did it was correct.
I am a bit paranoid at this point. If they can behave like that on official support, won't they just leak my personal info behind my back if they find the grievance on those platforms? They have my Aadhar now. How can I expect them to stay professional?
Also, I have spent my entire day panicking. Particularly because they are stating quite nonchalantly that I won't be refunded should they suspend it. I will probably be forced to pay 500.

Last edited:
Why didn'tyou go with the free alternatives ? Can you cancel and get a refund now ?
I paid for a non .blogspot.com domain as I don't want others to copy my domain name. A .wordpress.com domain will not even allow Google Adsense. The content on my blog will be free but I'd like to show very minimal ads in the future.
And no cancelation or refund is not possible as you can already guess from the bullying.
I have no idea why they are behaving like this. I literally paid them money. Didn't provide any 'fake' info. Instead of asking me to update what they thought was missing, they are doing all these.

When you login to the mitsu control panel, did you check if the account was actually suspended?

Sounds like a scam tbh.

Anyway, what do you see in the control panel now? If you lookup whois for your domain do you see your name there?

When you login to the mitsu control panel, did you check if the account was actually suspended?

Sounds like a scam tbh.

Anyway, what do you see in the control panel now? If you lookup whois for your domain do you see your name there?
Actually when they say 'suspend' they mean 'we won't allow you to login so forget the control panel'. When I tried to login after their first suspension threat, I was simply led to a blank screen. How professional and beautiful!
And yes, I had done all the research beforehand. They are genuine and accredited by the official Indian registrar authority. You can find them in the list below.
I am always extremely cautious about these matters so no problems there.
I had also looked up my domain on WHOIS last night immediately after the purchase. My domain showed up with my info as expected. And I woke up this morning with my domain actually leading me to my blogspot. So whatever I had done last night was correct and I didn't need any help from them.
I have not been scammed for fake service. This small company has hired misbehaving staffs and doesn't care about the customers at all. It's just a toxic company.

Last edited:
Hi, why did you select Mitsu.in?
I selected them as their pricing is extremely competitive. Many on the TE forum have suggested and purchased domains from them.
Why did you conduct before registration just to check their customer support?
I am not quite getting what you're trying to imply here. Are you questioning why I contacted them before registration? When did I? As I mentioned it clearly in my OP, I sent them the support mail only after the payment was done and the confirmation that my domain was registed under my details (From WHOIS lookup).
I was not checking/testing their customer support. In fact I managed to get my domain redirect to blogspot without their help.

"I am not quite getting what you're trying to imply here"

Your third reply is unnecessary and not up to professional standards.

Review the questions you asked; they only ask to provide require correct information and a government ID, that's it!
:grinning:

Op did you buy just a domain or hosting as well? A bit confused as you mentioned 3k, but also that you're using blogspot.

The only mentions I could find of mitsu in this forum were from 2013-2015. I don't want to victim-blame here, their behaviour is indeed atrocious, but maybe next time look for more current recommendations/reviews.

Your third reply is unnecessary and not up to professional standards.
As you clearly see, I was ready to provide them my Aadhar. But they were not 'up to professional standards' by first suspending my ID without warning and then asking me for ID. It was within my rights to respectfully let them know that I was unhappy. I was never disrespectful anywhere.
I have no idea how you are telling me that my response was unnecessary.
Op did you buy just a domain or hosting as well? A bit confused as you mentioned 3k, but also that you're using blogspot.

The only mentions I could find of mitsu in this forum were from 2013-2015. I don't want to victim-blame here, their behaviour is indeed atrocious, but maybe next time look for more current recommendations/reviews.
It was just the domain. Blogspot would suffice for what I intend to do. You can use any custom domain with blogspot (blogger).
Thanks for not blaming me and my behavior unlike the person above who is telling me that me questioning their sudden suspension was unnecessary.
They still have not replied after 18 hours. I can't understand how any my questions was unnecessary. Can anybody blaming me tell why they are taking so long to just reply that 'yes your account is now safe'? Or is this horrible negligence justified as my response was 'unnecessary'? Is this Saas-Bahu drama now?

Last edited:
Asking/verifying Indian ID for .in domain is fine and somewhat required and they are within their rights but the way support staff responded is completely unprofessional and unacceptable.

If you paid by credit card then I would highly recommend you to file a charge back immediately. You can also file an online complaint on NCH if needed. And if they somehow let you keep the domain and use it then transfer it to some other provider ASAP.

I don't trust these unknown Indian domain providers. Always go with reputed western company. They may charge a little more but you won't face such issues. My first domain, I bought from Rediff and it was somewhat okay but after that I never once bought a domain from Indian provider and I own 57 domains now.

Just FYI, it's very very risky buying a domain from a company which offers terrible support because there are many many ways you can't even imagine, you can lose a domain name if company support doesn't help you. Happened with me a few years back where someone stole a domain from me which was making more than 1L rs per month. Domain was hosted on Godaddy and they helped me recover it. Although I don't use Godaddy now but it's good for domains if you are just starting out. And never buy web hosting from same domain provider. NEVER.

Last edited:
Asking/verifying Indian ID for .in domain is fine and somewhat required and they are within their rights but the way support staff responded is completely unprofessional and unacceptable.
Actually that insulting response at #4 is just the tip of the iceberg. As you read in the points after that, they are not willing to even provide a documentation link while asking me to make the changes. + AFTER 22 HOURS THEY STILL HAVE NOT CONFIRMED IF MY ACCOUNT/DOMAIN IS SAFE! Sent them another fresh mail 45 minutes back. NO response.

image_2023-09-05_11-17-31.png

And they have the audacity to advertise their support like this:
support 1.png

If you paid by credit card then I would highly recommend you to file a charge back immediately.
I paid using net banking. So that's not an option, unfortunately.
You can also file an online complaint on NCH if needed.
Will do that and file a public grievance on https://www.registry.in/public-grievance if they don't reply by 3 PM today.
then transfer it to some other provider ASAP.
Transferring to another domain provider is currently not an option for me as they would charge more than twice the amount for the same service. This blog is going to be a free educational blog. In any case, I'd like to receive a full refund instead. I don't want a domain at prices that I can't currently afford. These guys can't actually stop co-operating as they operate under a govt non-profit regulatory. So I just need to get past this hurdle and unless my domain is at stake at some point, I don't need to contact them.
Just FYI, it's very very risky buying a domain from a company which offers terrible support because there are many many ways you can't even imagine, you can lose a domain name if company support doesn't help you. Happened with me a few years back where someone stole a domain from me which was making more than 1L rs per month. Domain was hosted on Godaddy and they helped me recover it. Although I don't use Godaddy now but it's good for domains if you are just starting out. And never buy web hosting from same domain provider. NEVER.
That's sounds like another headache. But, since these guys operate strictly under https://www.registry.in/about-registry, I believe any theft attempt can be resolved by them if Mitsu doesn't co-operate. Or they can just force Mitsu to co-operate. So thankful that an authority like this exists to handle the misconducts of these companies.

Last edited:
Mitsu has a history of shady practices. Read about it here - https://our.in/?s=Mitsu . Their Registrar status was almost suspended, so never ever use them for any services.

Having said that, it is mandatory to enter the right details when registering a domain. Whe you looked up Whois, were the address fields correct? .in domains do not have Whois privacy as far as I know, so you should be able to check all address fields.

You can't transfer a domain to a different Registrar for a minimum of 60 days after registration. At least, that was the rule and I think it still applies for .in domains

For what it's worth, this is the CEO of Mitsu - https://twitter.com/sanjeevmitsu . Not sure he'll respond if you tag him on Twitter/X, but good luck. He's a bit of an arse, from what I've read.

Before anything, let me tell you that their mail support is just lazy and unprofessional as you saw in this thread. So I called them on their official contact this afternoon and the guy who picked just casually said that their phone support has ended and I must email them for any queries. And after 36 hours, they are still not confirming replying a clear cut 'yes, your information is now enough and you are not violating any rules'. I am still waiting for their confirmation. They were superfast in getting offended and sending back to back mails that day. No sense of urgency now. Maybe they are waiting for the stipulated 48 hours to be over to suspend my domain and finally force me to pay 500!
Mitsu has a history of shady practices. Read about it here - https://our.in/?s=Mitsu . Their Registrar status was almost suspended, so never ever use them for any services.
This is bad news. Can I just ask for a refund then? No way to force them? Am I going to pay for the transfer and the additional charges for the new domain on top of this 3K?
Having said that, it is mandatory to enter the right details when registering a domain. Whe you looked up Whois, were the address fields correct? .in domains do not have Whois privacy as far as I know, so you should be able to check all address fields.
All details were entered correctly. As I am totally new, I thought I could enter my city's name as my address instead of my full home address. That's likely the bone of all the contention. Instead of asking me to just update my home address they did all this. And I still don't know if they want anything more than just my home address. I don't own any company so do they expect me to type my blog's name as my company? No info on that. They had sent me my payment bill plastered with my IP address. So ofc they know precisely where I am located and that I am not trying to fake anything.
Coming to WHOIS, actually everything was protected by them except my mail ID and state. This took me by surprise as they had clearly mentioned before purchase that no privacy options are available for .in domains. There was no option to pay for WHOIS privacy yet I got what I wanted. I don't care about spam mails at all.
You can't transfer a domain to a different Registrar for a minimum of 60 days after registration. At least, that was the rule and I think it still applies for .in domains
Noted.
For what it's worth, this is the CEO of Mitsu - https://twitter.com/sanjeevmitsu . Not sure he'll respond if you tag him on Twitter/X, but good luck. He's a bit of an arse, from what I've read.
Can I DM him or am I supposed tag him and wait for him to notice me?

This is their refund policy, so it's probably better to just work with them to get your domain sorted. After 60 days, transfer it out Spaceship.com ($5.16 for a transfer, which extends registration by a year) - https://tldes.com/in and don't use Mitsu for any other services.

"(5) Customer understands and acknowledges that any level of .IN domain name is not allowed to delete and get refund for any typo error or for any other reasons, deletion case can be considered without refund for any legal reasons. " - https://mitsu.in/legal?requestfor=customerdomainagreement

With regard to the CEO contact, I suggest you use that as a last resort. He might not even respond if you DM him.

@Gooner @invisiblebond @Ir0nMerc @calvin1719 @psyph3r @letmein
UPDATE. They kept ignoring my requests to ensure that I was not violating anything after the edits. Once the 48 hours passed, I got a surprise call from them. Read on:
They called at around 11 AM and screamed on the top of their lungs. When I say scream, I mean that. They are absolutely raging in hellfire for me coming out publicly with their misconducts. They are using 'you posted our private communication publicly and violated our T&C' wildcard to take legal actions. Before reporting me to Nixi - legal@nixi.in, they undid my home address edit and entered the name of my city back in. And they included that screenshot in their mail to Nixi.
I exposed all their tactics in my response to Nixi and NCH mail. And when my sister called to inquire why exactly he was doing all these, he responded with 'I am going to make sure that boy is banned pan-India from all corporations.'
So he is planning to find some legal loophole to trap me in this mess. What action can I take? The individual, I don't know who he is, has my Aadhar and complete info and now is threatening me to a personal level.

EDIT: His lines; "WE WILL SHOW YOU OUR POWER. WE HAD SPARED HIM THINKING HE IS A CHILD BUT HE IS NOT A CHILD. SO WE'LL FILE A POLICE COMPLAINT."

Last edited:
Back