User Guides Console Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately alot of PS2 questions are appearing on the forums as to how to burn DVDs,heating issues,modding issues,networking,etc.....

Well its been more than 1.5 yrs since i've owned a PS2 and i dint find any problem with it but there were some ups & downs with the DVDs that i bought.
Anyways here are some tips as to how u can maintain ur PS2 or infact any console and get it to run for a long time.

Hardware:
1.First of all u need to maintain ur box the one that u got with ur console since there are many thing that u need to use it for when u start using ur console fullfledged.

2.There are vents there are there for your console soo make sure that ur console is in an open area and does not have many things cramped up around it since air flow is required for it to stay stable and use it for a long time (my console is always on i just need to insert the disk press the power button and start to play).

3.Never wrap around you joypad cable since the vibration knobs are very delicate.Your controller will work fine but the vibration will stop responding after few months.

4.This one is for the PS2 users those who have the slim edition keep your console at a certain high since it help the console not to overheat. I use 4 match box and keep them on my PS2 box and then place the PS2 on it.(this is where the box comes to use)

5.Keep your conlose away from sunlight & avoid keeping ur cell phone next to it since u'll get some static problem while saving the game.

6.Keep your cables connected to the TV set all the time because connecting and disconnecting them all the time spoils the TV/AV out put.

Software:
1.Make sure that u always check the modchip firmware version and what version it is displaying on your screen since they can make a huge while running a Region 5 Modchips.

2.Keep your memory card clean all the time delete un-necessary files that you do not require they tend to use alot of space. Games like GT4,DMC,RE4 they use 3 files 1st for game setting ,2nd for user setting,3rd is the save file.

3.Never ever delete the system setting that is present in the memory card(8mb)

4.Atleast once a week keep track of the browser of your console and keep updating them if there is network connection available.

Network:
1.A 64kbps line is more than enough to play the games online provided the server is close to you.

2.Prefered lines used in India is Exattnet,MTNL & Tata Indicom rest of the line gives you alot of latency.
Now the most important part of all you people have been asking for

How to write a ISO on on a DVD for PS2.
1.Extract the .rar files and keep the iso as it is do not change the name.
2.Use Nero 7 as it is enough for any type of DVD to be written.
3.Select->Burn Image to Disc->Select the ISO
4.Write the iso and its done.

The Region 9 Modchip is able to run all the DVDs and you are able to watch DVDs/movies also on it but u need to turn off the modchip by pressing the power button for 7 seconds and then starting the console again do vice-versa to play pirated games.

For all those who are going to buy the PS2 in the future always buy the Region 9 modchip since it can easily run the Region 5 DVDs.

any other help please feel free to ask :)

Thank You;)

I'm not too sure about the legality of guides featuring modchips plus the section on burning ISOs is pretty questionable. Closing Thread. If you have any question pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back