Congratulations to VanishingNerd

Our very own VanishingNerd aka Vaninder has done it again. After IIT he has conquered IIM-C with results from IIM A and B sill to be out. Now it is a bit sad for me cause he would be now leaving Bangalore and he is the first guy from TE with whom i met. By the way guys he would be coming back from Gurgaon for a few days so why not we all ask him to throw us a party :p

rishabh.asthana said:
By the way guys he would be coming back from Gurgaon for a few days so why not we all ask him to throw us a party :p

He will Vanish before you bankrupt him. After all he is VanisingNerd :p

Congrats mate.Wats your percentile???

Did you join any classes and when you started preparing for cat??

I am gonna give cat next year so asking these questions

d@rK nEmEsIs said:
Congrats mate.Wats your percentile???

Did you join any classes and when you started preparing for cat??

I am gonna give cat next year so asking these questions

My percentile was 99.95

I joined TIME Aimcat series and that was not very useful. I took very few of the tests. Most of my preparation was passive. I would read The Hindu editorial and the Time.com website. Did not prepare at all for DI or QA. Just went and took the exam with a clear mind is all. So if you need hardcore preparation then I probably am utterly useless for advice on that. I will just say this the Time classes are mostly not very useful, at least what I heard from people. I can't say about the rest as I did not attend them or hear much about them, but I am guessing they are pretty similar too.

I also joined the Time classes for GD PI prep. They gave some good funda on eco and current affairs and you get a decent idea of how a GD goes. But again I went for only 30% of the whole program as I wanted to do my own preparation, my way. At the end of the day, the preparation has to be your own.

You could look at Arun Sharma's books for DI and QA. One of my friends, an IIML passout, prepared using that and he says they are pretty good.

Also thanks everyone and I will come over to Bangy once before I join. So your treat will have to be then I guess.

VanishingNerd said:
My percentile was 99.95

I joined TIME Aimcat series and that was not very useful. I took very few of the tests. Most of my preparation was passive. I would read The Hindu editorial and the Time.com website. Did not prepare at all for DI or QA. Just went and took the exam with a clear mind is all. So if you need hardcore preparation then I probably am utterly useless for advice on that. I will just say this the Time classes are mostly not very useful, at least what I heard from people. I can't say about the rest as I did not attend them or hear much about them, but I am guessing they are pretty similar too.

I also joined the Time classes for GD PI prep. They gave some good funda on eco and current affairs and you get a decent idea of how a GD goes. But again I went for only 30% of the whole program as I wanted to do my own preparation, my way. At the end of the day, the preparation has to be your own.

You could look at Arun Sharma's books for DI and QA. One of my friends, an IIML passout, prepared using that and he says they are pretty good.
Also thanks everyone and I will come over to Bangy once before I join. So your treat will have to be then I guess.

Super score and excellent attitude to approach these tests instead of all the rote...

VanishingNerd said:
My percentile was 99.95

Mighty impressive Vani! :p

Best wishes for your future endeavours! :thumb:

VanishingNerd said:
My percentile was 99.95

thanks for the information.When did you started preparing for it?

Back