CPU/Mobo Confusion over Intel vs AMD

Which procy one will you suggest (given the rising ryzen issues around)

• Total voters
MSI has pathetic service no matter they provide sensors for everything but their service sensors are lost somewhere...whereas Asus always coasts a premium even in vfm scene yet it stands to its service.
I'm also keen on Asrock, they got some really competitive mobos out there with great features at a bit low prices.
Anyone who own Asrock and can provide his direct feedback will be cool!
You can hear horror stories about RMA of Asus, gigabyte, MSI, Asrock in India all over reddit.
It is better to buy a board(of any manufacturer) with excellent build quality, thoroughly test it for manufacturing defects with high quality PSU and assemble and use it for long time and keep RMA as the very last resort.
If the Mobo really fails(worst case scenario) hope you get good luck with the RMA process. you can only depend on luck rather than quality of RMA service with all 4 Mobo manufacturers atleast in India.

I have decided to buy the 5600x (As I think OP should too, intel is just not worth it anymore) What motherboard will work well with it? I dont want to spend more than 10k on the board. Suggestions?

OP, IMO you are trapping yourself in the same cognitive bias that most of our countrymen do - choosing a brand instead of a product. Asus, Gigabyte, MSI all have good and horrible products. Choose an individual product, go find its reviews on multiple communities, buy it, use the DAO window to run stress tests to verify your component is stable.

Don't be that guy who always buys a "Maruti" because "service" even though they sell highly unsafe tin cans with the same ancient engine in every price bracket.

You WILL use your product every day, it MAY have to be RMA'd. Find out what your priorities are - performance / features / stability etc, attach probabilities to each for your specific product. Make data driven decisions.

Good luck.

OP, IMO you are trapping yourself in the same cognitive bias that most of our countrymen do - choosing a brand instead of a product. Asus, Gigabyte, MSI all have good and horrible products. Choose an individual product, go find its reviews on multiple communities, buy it, use the DAO window to run stress tests to verify your component is stable.

Don't be that guy who always buys a "Maruti" because "service" even though they sell highly unsafe tin cans with the same ancient engine in every price bracket.

You WILL use your product every day, it MAY have to be RMA'd. Find out what your priorities are - performance / features / stability etc, attach probabilities to each for your specific product. Make data driven decisions.

Good luck.
Nop not confused at all but the recent so many ryzen issues related threads around is poking me to think again between red and blue brand else it was always ryzen for me!

Also, is it wise to wait for couple of months (2k22) for the new architecture or probably DDR5? I'm not a frequent upgader tbh, upgrade once in 5+ years..

Nop not confused at all but the recent so many ryzen issues related threads around is poking me to think again between red and blue brand else it was always ryzen for me!

Also, is it wise to wait for couple of months (2k22) for the new architecture or probably DDR5? I'm not a frequent upgader tbh, upgrade once in 5+ years..
Wait for Alder Lake release in India. It should happen this month. You will get to see the performance on offer in the next generation and you'll get price reduction for Ryzen 5xxx series. I'd go with Ryzen 5000 series if buying now. Prices of everything new is getting jacked up due to inflation, container costs, chip shortages. Don't wait till 2022. Buy during holiday season. Prices Jan - July are bad in India.

Everybody and their grandmother is building fabs this year, prices should come way down in 2023/4.
Apple's M1 is getting a lot of attention. x86s power consumption is starting to look ugly now in comparison with ARM.
AMD Intel and Nvidia will be forced to up their game. So, your 5 year upgrade cycle plan may not hold true.

I have a 2700X running on a B350 Motherboard, upgraded from a 2200G.
It runs my Corsair Vengeance 3000 (2x 8GB sticks, bought separately about 2 years apart) @ 3200-CL16 without even trying.
View attachment 117656
It can game all day long, and also is a full-time WFH daily driver for my wife.
If this isn't a no issues build, please tell me what is?
How are your temps at idle and gaming?

Don't bother about ddr5 it's going to be a hell costly and not much stable for being a new one and alder lake will support ddr4 also and the new refresh of ryzen with more cash will also support ddr5. Rather wait n watch for some more time.

Who's willing to bet that Alder Lake hybrid cores will have initial bugs to iron out?

Already there's news that games with some drm like denuvo won't work until they're fixed for the new CPUs.

I'm betting more such issues will crop up post launch.

I like AMD approach to maintain compatibility and focus on squeezing out more power efficiency and more fine grained low power modes in various parts of the CPU. Reminds me of how intel tried to force new 64bit ISA and AMD foiled them with simple extension to existing x86 ISA for 64bit.

Who's willing to bet that Alder Lake hybrid cores will have initial bugs to iron out?

Already there's news that games with some drm like denuvo won't work until they're fixed for the new CPUs.

I like AMD approach to maintain compatibility and focus on squeezing out more power efficiency and more fine grained low power modes in various parts of the CPU. Reminds me of how intel tried to force new 64bit ISA and AMD foiled them with simple extension to existing x86 ISA for 64bit.
Yes, itanium. The titanic-ium almost completed the sinking of Intel's partner HP. Hardware's problems being rectified in software generally doesn't work, and if it works it creates too many bugs.

Apple, Android etc. can make it work because of much more control over applications, OS, application build process, manufacturers etc.

Although AMD can't try what Intel is trying, even if it were a good idea. AMD never gets good software support from Adobe, Microsoft, autodesk etc., Intel will get at least some support. It will still be a pain.

Fast single thread? Decimate the 5600x? At what cost, especially the power and heat, not just the price?
Power efficiency/heat generation should be comparable to Zen3 for the 6c/12t chips. Can't say the same for the top dogs. This is an improved node from the Tigerlake proccessors. It's not Zen3 parts are cheap. Anyways we are just a week away from official reveal and 2 weeks away from the reviews / stock availability. Intel never does paper launch like others. I personally feel it is worth waiting 2 weeks before making a decision.

Power efficiency/heat generation should be comparable to Zen3 for the 6c/12t chips. Can't say the same for the top dogs. This is an improved node from the Tigerlake proccessors. It's not Zen3 parts are cheap. Anyways we are just a week away from official reveal and 2 weeks away from the reviews / stock availability. Intel never does paper launch like others. I personally feel it is worth waiting 2 weeks before making a decision.
Even if Intel alderlake is faster why should one upgrade to a new platform and become beta testers. Unless the person have another stable rig, going for alderlake at launch is not a good idea at all.
Intel paperlaunched 5th gen broadwell chips like i7 5775C. Their i7 7740X is another paperlaunch. They have only roadmaps so far.

Don't know why a K series processor like 12900k need power efficient tiny cores in the first place? K series chip is destined for overclocking that blows all the power savings out of the window plus monster GPUs like rtx 3080/90 it may be paired with which may be overclocked too and consumes another 300w of power.Don't know what is Intel's idea behind this.

Even if Intel alderlake is faster why should one upgrade to a new platform and become beta testers. Unless the person have another stable rig, going for alderlake at launch is not a good idea at all.
Intel paperlaunched 5th gen broadwell chips like i7 5775C. Their i7 7740X is another paperlaunch. They have only roadmaps so far.
Knowing Intel track record and partnerships doubt it's going to be a beta testing. People were more than willing to go for Zen3 at launch when there multiple issues related to chipset. I guess it will iron out all well in the time. Going for best perfoming chip is no brainer choice in my books.
Don't know why a K series processor like 12900k need power efficient tiny cores in the first place? K series chip is destined for overclocking that blows all the power savings out of the window plus monster GPUs like rtx 3080/90 it may be paired with which may be overclocked too and consumes another 300w of power.Don't know what is Intel's idea behind this.
Reviews should make it clear.

Also, 5600 and similar higher end proccys are temp hoggers. I need a cool one but dont wanna opt for aio/water coolers/after market coolers etc. After market cooler I can think later on but stock temps should be good eve on stock cooler.

Nah , i dont think its wise for you to be an early adopter of a new platform given you dont upgrade frequently and also dont want ot deal with intial bugs .

Just go for a 3900x and be done with it.
+1
can easily support you for years and still have an option to upgrade

Back