confused btw samsung galaxy 3 and lg optimus one p500

guys as the lg optimus one p500 is available in india ...i am going to buy it within the next 10 days..but again my mind is confused as to should i go for samsung galaxy 3 or lg optimus one p500.lg beats samsung in every department except the display colours that is 262k for lg and 16m for samsung.would that make any major difference in user experiance and running of apps and games extra..or should i go for it..desperately need ur advice ppl..please help me out asap..
thanks in advance..

this has been discussed many times here.. lot of people are in confusion while deciding between these two fones,

i had very bad experience with LG multiple number of times, not only mine, but my GF's last mobile(cookie) starts malfunctioning within 2 months of buying, fed up with their service, ultimately sold it for a throwaway price,

One word i would say(from a sufferer like me) - stayaway from LG produts...Else your wish

sallu_khn2009 said:
guys as the lg optimus one p500 is available in india ...i am going to buy it within the next 10 days..but again my mind is confused as to should i go for samsung galaxy 3 or lg optimus one p500.lg beats samsung in every department except the display colours that is 262k for lg and 16m for samsung.would that make any major difference in user experiance and running of apps and games extra..or should i go for it..desperately need ur advice ppl..please help me out asap..
thanks in advance..
Well, Samsung has slighly more horse power there in CPU but the RAM is just 256 MB while LG has 600 mhz processor and 512 mb RAM which I think is a big advantage.
Samsung has Blue tooth 3.0 while LG has 2.1(not that it matters that much).
Samsung has 16 m colour display which may show colours more vividly but pretty much you cant tell the difference...at such small screen size so it wont matter much either..you get a higher res display on LG which is good.. the Sound quality is better on Samsung Galaxy 3 and so is Video playback..
Samsung also supports DLNA.
Camera is also better on Samsung Galaxy 3 but Video recording is just at QVGA res 15 FPS..very bad. LG's camera is not as refined as Samsung for stills but it records vids at VGA wth 18 fps..nothing great but better than Samsung.
Samsung supports the new WI-FI n standard which increases the data rate significantly and increases the range with higher bandwidth.
LG has higher speeds on 3G though...which might be more important now that we are getting 3G.
Both have latest Android 2.2 but Lg comes pre-installed w with it.
Both ahve equally good UI.

IceFusion said:
Ill suggest the LG... ive used the phone for whole week.. and then did a review LG Optimus One P500 review - Living Digital Review

If camera is not your priority.. then the LG one is a better performer...
I read your review it is very informative..:hap2:
but just for assuarance...
Please let me know how is this phone as a PMP? Does it play atles VGA res OR high I bitrate xvid/divx or mp4's? how is the audio quality? and is there anyway to add Flash 10.1 support and does this phone play Asphalt 5? Is there an accelerometer I can use with a pedometer app? Does this phone allow me to read High size pdfs and documents and ebooks? How is screen quality? Esp for video watching...And is the camera really bad? Please please answer these questions.. :)

galaxy 3 : Can play divx/xvid videos upto 720 x 480 res

Excellent SQ: as loud as IPOD 5G and better EQ support

Optimus: except video player everything LG is better

and pls dont go by the cpu specs 667 or 600 MHZ

The qualcomm thingy in LG is miles ahead of S5P soc on G3 atleast in 3d performance.

The LG must have a Qualcomm MSM7227(Same as the Spice Mi300, Moto Quench, and i think the dell XCD35 as well).

The Galaxy 3 dosent run any 3D games?

I wonder if we'll see budget phones using the Qualcomm MSM7230 anytime soon(Snapdragon 800 Mhz + Adreno 205). The only phones announced that are using it so far are the Desire Z and Acer Liquid Metal. And they arent exactly cheap :/

hunt3r said:
I wonder if we'll see budget phones using the Qualcomm MSM7230 anytime soon(Snapdragon 800 Mhz + Adreno 205). The only phones announced that are using it so far are the Desire Z and Acer Liquid Metal. And they arent exactly cheap :/
Expecting too much, too soon. Let them get the first gen snapdragons on budget phones first :)

Between these two and the HTC wildfire which would be the best of the lot? I dont quite like how the LG phone looks and have had bad experience with them in the past. As far as froyo is concerned I think HTC has started rolling it out on Wildfire. Only negative I see with Wildfire is the resolution but then the person who is going to use it is not going to game much on it.

the build quality is excellent way better than samsung galaxy 3....screen is very good for the price..battery a little on the downside...i played angry birds n the 600 mhz pro lags sumtimes at advanced levels..

I want P500 to connect to PC (xp) and transfer some files; Can some one point me to links ? It has come with no cd. and XP says unknown hardware, not able to install it. Links for other applications are also welcome.

dude connect ur phone to the pc it will show USB connected on the phone screen u have to turn on usb storage through the phone once the usb is turned on u can transfer files btw ur phone and P.C by going to my computer-removal devices they have provided the Lg pc suite in the memory card that comes bundled with it.

sallu_khn2009 said:
dude connect ur phone to the pc it will show USB connected on the phone screen u have to turn on usb storage through the phone once the usb is turned on u can transfer files btw ur phone and P.C by going to my computer-removal devices they have provided the Lg pc suite in the memory card that comes bundled with it.
thx man I was missing this to do first and going on for drivers search. Now , installed it properly.

Also I want to install all application by default on sd card

I went through following settings

How to Install Apps to the SD Card by Default on Android 2.2 Froyo | larsa | Androinica

problem is that setting didn't remain permanent , once I disconnect from USB and download it gets installed in phone memory.

Back