Configuring Remote Drive in Nokia phone

LaatSahab

Skilled
I have shared a drive on my laptop and now want to access it on my phone as a Remote drive. Giving the the local name like \\laptop\Share doesn't works as the phone doesn't supports it. It supports them via https only and I do have IIS7 active and installed in my laptop so please tell me how to configure on both side so as to make the share accessible. Googling the process gave me a useful link but I wasn't able to simplfy the process mentioned below:

1. First of all, you need to make sure that the server you will be using to host a remote drive (WebDav) is configured correctly. Do you have a WebDav Server (I am using a Remote Drive set up on my hosting account, which supports Remote Drives via cPanel. They call it WebDisk but it is the same thing).This involves selecting a directory for the WebDisk/Remote Drive, and assigning it a user name and password.

2. If you tick the first item, next can you confirm whether you can connect to your Remote Drive via Windows Explorer (or other PC based client)? Typically, that would involve typing in the path to the Remote Drive (e.g. https://yourdomain.com:7578)? Then, when asked to authenticate, you enter the user name and password that you set up in point 1.

How to do what he is saying?

^ Why should I be installing crapware on my phone to do some stuff which it can natively do? ;)
Nevertheless, this endeavor would require me to study Web Servers a bit as it requires knowledge of working of WebDAV in IIS.

Does your Nokia phone have Wi-fi.

IF yes.

use filezilla on ur laptop, configure a user to have the particular folder as home drive.

and configure sic!FTP symbian app on your cell to connect to the FTP site over wifi and share data that you need.

I do this for most of my mp3 and video transfer.

Theoretically the options are endless. SIC!FTp interface is also pretty good.

SIC! Software GmbH - SIC FTP Client

I have N85 and it has WiFi and DLNA capabilities. I know there are many 3rd party apps that will allow me to do so but I want to do it using the phone's inbuilt apps only.

Back