Config for Watching Movies

gdnspk

Disciple
Nov 27, 2009
First of all i need this Pc for watching movies and 24x7 downloading. And i dont want to spend 20k on a tv for display.

Q: What is your budget?
Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - Intel E5200
Motherboard - Gigabyte S2L
GPU - Radeon 3850 1Gb
RAM - Transcend 2X1GB
Monitor - Benq 17
SMPS - RS 500 CM
Creative 5.1

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Speakers and
If anything else can suit for new rig i wish to keep

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
A big lcd display

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
No

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Chennai
Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Yes

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Browsing
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
None

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
None

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

DarkAngel

Skilled
Apr 10, 2009
Get a Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 ~ 4.7k and a Dell U2311H ~ 14.5k. Rest of the components are fine for ur usage.

varunversion1

Disciple
Jun 19, 2010
Bangalore
Get the HD5670 and spend the rest of the 35k on a lcd/led tv maybe 32 inches or more... y wouldn't u want that if all ur doing is dling and watching movies... get a wireless keyboard and mouse as well if u wanna watch from some distance... else get the dell monitor like darkangel said and upgrade ur speakers and get a soundcard as well... but trust me the biggest difference would be a huge monitor :D

Reactions: 1 person
Dec 6, 2009
If you want to watch only movies then get an nVidia

You can use CoreAVC decoder to use CUDA for decoding video's which is a plus point over ATi/AMD.

The GT 430 is the best for doing that Job and wont cost a bomb & will also save energy(considering 24x7 usage).