PC Peripherals Config for Mid-Range Gaming PC

Apex said:
Hmm...k but I don't think I'll require 4GB of RAM as yet. 2GB should be enough. ;) Btw, that's an interesting observation about 5400+. Do you mean to say that lower clocked CPUs drives them at less than 800MHz?? How is it priced? the 5400+ I mean.

My 4800+(2.5Ghz;Brisbane core) is driven at 715Mhz by a couple of 1GB Transcend DDR-2 800 RAM

_pappu_ said:
^^lola
get a 4850 :)
it will be like 10k
a new 8800gt will drop to 8k in a month coz the 9800gtx is down to 200dollas and below that there will be both the 8800gts and the 8800gt

wow a mod trying to fool an admin... battles going on :D

i saw the first post, if you want to OC, then go for the intel system...if not then amd looks better and it also helps you with the integrated graphics

dammit tough choice :p

well more like 11k via kmd and 13 officially hehe

and fool an admin u say, what is that saying again? you cant take a monkey out of an ApeX? :p

^^lol
his point is to get a mobo with onboard graphics and wait it out till prices settle, thats why i said 10k and not 11k
if he gets it right now its 10.9k + shipping(local) infact :D
@broar94
i didnot understand what you wrote
do u mena that your ram is running at 715mhz?

the problem with amd systems and ram is that they dont accept ram multipliers in decimals or something like that

@Rave: watch it dude..I think today is ur lucky day. :devil: this ain't the market section, so keep away your FS posts. :bleh:

back to topic, OC is out of question if I get AMD but I might try it on a Intel CPU someday but then again, it won't be some kind of insane OCing...LOL. Btw, Is it only me or do you also think integrated chipsets perform poorly even after you add a discrete GFX card??

Apex said:
@Rave: watch it dude..I think today is ur lucky day. :devil: this ain't the market section, so keep away your FS posts. :bleh:

back to topic, OC is out of question if I get AMD but I might try it on a Intel CPU someday but then again, it won't be some kind of insane OCing...LOL. Btw, Is it only me or do you also think integrated chipsets perform poorly even after you add a discrete GFX card??

yes they do, atleast the ones i know of are hopeless, ure better of with something without onboard and have a gfx card, i dont see the gfx card prices plummeting buy a large margin anytime soon, maybe 1k at the most, so might as well pick up a card right now, and if u HAVE to wait then get a 6200tc second hand for the time being or a pci display card that'll give u display on ur monitor but no gaming till u get a gfx card..

regarding ocing, noone is expecting you to OC to what ppl here on TE do just to brag and then sit about not play any games on it, as a tumb rule, if u do plan on ocing, oc it to the max you can on default vcore, which would easily amount to over 800Mhz-1ghz oc, maybe more if uve got a good chip..

^^yeah with a e2xxx you can easily do 2.6-2.8 ghz at stock voltage

step 1 : lower ram multiplier
step 2 : increase fsb
DONE

its really so easy

comparison of performance:: grid at max at 1680X1050 (aa/af) with a 3870
cpu@1.6ghz = 16fps
cpu@3ghz = 40fps

my old pc with both integrated as well as add on gpu used to do badly, dont know about the new chipsets though

Well...I've finally decided to go for the AMD setup but I might get the Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H in place of GA-MA78GM-S2H as the former is a full ATX board. Any idea about its price? Also, will get the X2 4800+ (Brisbane) to go with it. So, my almost final config -

Corsair 450VX PSU - 3.2K

Zebronics Bijli Cabinet w/o PSU - 1.0K

Transcend DDR2 @ 800MHz (1GBx2) - 1.8K

AMD Athlon64 X2 4800+ Processor (2.5GHz) - 3.3K

Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H Motherboard - ??

Sapphire ATi Radeon 4850 - 12K

All comments are welcome. :p

^ Corsair 450 is 3.2k now ?? Its even cheaper than US anywhere.

4850 will be bottnecked by CPU, 3GHz Conroe etc is sweetspot. Why not get Biostar P35 and E2160 combo, and OC to whatever possible on stock volts with stock cooler, 2.8GHz approx is always ON.

and RAM must be cheaper than above quoted. In price update thread, many posted 1.8k

4850 is 12,258 (Amarbir), Supra told it will come below 12k via PrimeABGB.

greenhorn said:
is the board available at all in india ?
Should be available. It was launched for ~7.7K around April this year.
SidhuPunjab said:
4850 will be bottnecked by CPU, 3GHz Conroe etc is sweetspot. Why not get Biostar P35 and E2160 combo, and OC to whatever possible on stock volts with stock cooler, 2.8GHz approx is always ON.
Oh no..not again. :p I wanted something with built-in gfx so that I could wait a bit for the GPU prices to settle down. :hap2:

dude I just borught the e2180 and it o/c very easily to 2.6 Ghz :eek:hyeah: and its for 2750-2950.

btw temp. @ 2.6 on stock cooler ~ 45C. :D

greenhorn said:
pentium e2140 @ 3ghz

its a 16% difference, clock for clock. As long as you've come till the X2 4800+, why not get the multiplier unlocked 5000+ black edition ( which is cheaper) and add a better HSF :)

the black edition doesnt come with a cooler....u r just making him spend more money :)

aint it just better to get the gpu now and get the intel combo.....after all i dont think ati will drop prices because nvidia has to do that right now :)
ati is in the sweetspot as far as pricing is concerned

_pappu_ said:
the black edition doesnt come with a cooler....u r just making him spend more money :)

aint it just better to get the gpu now and get the intel combo.....after all i dont think ati will drop prices because nvidia has to do that right now :)
ati is in the sweetspot as far as pricing is concerned

You guys are just confusing me even more :p I think I'll wait for another 10-15 days then for 4850 to hit the Indian market.

Apex said:
You guys are just confusing me even more :p I think I'll wait for another 10-15 days then for 4850 to hit the Indian market.

I would suggest going with a intel build, with a decent mobo and a cheap processor, so maybe later you can put in a decent chip and overclock it well! But any core chip for that matter clocks well, even with stock cooling you can expect to go up 500mhz or so!

Although its stretching the initial budget a bit too far, I've really started to think about C2D E7200. After all, its not everyday that you get to upgrade your system. :eek:hyeah: I'm yet to decide on the motherboard. I know the Biostar and Abit boards suggested are very good choices for their price but I'm still not convinced that I'll be able to ignore those problems day in and day out. If not anything else, It'll be downright annoying. :p

I was reading a few reviews and Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R looks to be a good option. Its available for $90-$100 in the US and shouldn't cost much here. Having said that, I'm aware of the insane pricing of Gigabyte boards in India. I'm hoping for a price less than 6K. Anyone have any idea on this? Also, any other P35 board (ATX) that's worth a look? Anything from ASUS or MSI? Preferably with all solid-state caps.

Don't think you can get the gigabyte that cheap. When i went looking it for a friend, most shops didn't have it, and the one those had it quoted insane prices. But yea, looking at the double boot problem with the IP35-E, the DS3R seems a better choice.

Wonder if KMD has that in stock!

^^now u talkin..:p
get e7200 5.8k
abit ip35-e 5.4k
overclock insanely....n get a performance rig for great VFM:p
if u waiting for prices to droop....get a 2nd hand gfx:D..
all set

abit ip35-e has double bost probs n sme bugs(can b fixed)...but has great overclocking potential n stability:D

Apex said:
Corsair 450VX PSU - 3.2K r u sure
Zebronics Bijli Cabinet w/o PSU - 1.0K
Transcend DDR2 @ 800MHz (1GBx2) - 1.8K
AMD Athlon64 X2 4800+ Processor (2.5GHz) - 3.3K
Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H Motherboard - ??
Sapphire ATi Radeon 4850 - 12K

All comments are welcome. :p

I brought vx450 for 3.6k:mad: a week ago from prime abgb.

Back