computer store between madiwala and elec city ?

bosky101

Adept
Jan 24, 2005
bosky101.blogspot.com
hey im looking for a comp shop to but a cmos battery(the small 1 rupee looking thing) . my comps just stopped booting . tried putting the ram back . monitor ok . hard disk ok ,booting on aonther comp . fans blowing. the processor seems ok since the ipod is able to charge through the usb . cleaned everything . so im guessing its the battery ( and hope the processor is ok )

anywhere i can get it , near madiwala / btm / koramangala /elec city (all BANGALORE) ?

Crazy_Eddy

Staff member
Super Mod
Feb 7, 2005
You sure its the battery? A dead CMOS battery just results in the BIOS not being able to save any customized settings, most notably the time/date setting.

I've normally not seen it restricting boot-up - atleast most of the comps in my college have dead CMOS batteries (can make out from the Jan 1st date on each boot :p ), and yet still boot up and run fine.

Processor need not necessarily be ok if the iPod's charging. Once the system receives the Power-on signal, power is supplied to all devices including USB ports instantly even if it doesnt go through the BIOS POST process.

Chaos

Skilled
Jan 29, 2005
Yup a dead battery wouldn't stop a PC from booting... its guaranteed something else. I've run a pc without a battery for a while :p.

Emperor

Skilled
Jan 12, 2006
Chaos said:
Yup a dead battery wouldn't stop a PC from booting... its guaranteed something else. I've run a pc without a battery for a while :p.

Old MOBO requires support from Battery and it will not boot without battery. I have P3 with Tomato Board and face same problem 2 week back.

With New Generation MOBO no such problem arise (not with me in last 3 years:) )

You may be find same battery with Calculator shop too, as some Calcy requires same battries. Just keep the old battery with you, may need to match the Number.

ComradE_BeaN

Skilled
Feb 21, 2006
www.google.co.in
bosky....im surprised u are actually hunting for a CMOS battery in bangalore..

go to any computer shop & ask for a CMOS battery..most the shops in BTM layout have it...& most in Jaynagar too...not sure of madivala tough..

well..yes its' a surprise to me too that he is in bangalore :p

bosky101

Adept
Jan 24, 2005
bosky101.blogspot.com
:) hey ive still got my chennai jersey inside , but he he...moved to bangalore ! tada !!! 8 )

working at a company called tutorvista in elec city . and ill turn up at the next meet ,not to fear ( ...or do u have to ?! he he ...;) )